Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
27-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #41

Re: I'm looking for ways to get my boyfriend off my back about declawing Charlotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Tell him it's basically amputation of her fingers and she is going to have mental issues as well as physical pain and having to relearn how to walk. It'd be like cutting off his toes. If he still insists, kick boyfriend to the curb. Or maybe he can put his perfect furniture into storage facility.

that amputation u mentioned reminded me of the american animal cops thing i watch on sky

a guy had tied rubber bands round his then g/f's cats front paws,till they eventually dropped off

fortuately or unfortunately the cat lived,it seemed to get around quite well considering,and was still very friendly

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #42

Re: I'm looking for ways to get my boyfriend off my back about declawing Charlotte

OMG, how sick!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
27-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #43

what a wee cutie!

As to the rubber bands... Just YUK!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #44

That's horrible niki - poor cat. I hope those animal cops arrested anyone involved in such cruelty.

Mind you, isn't that how lamb's tails are "docked"?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
19-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #45

I agree with Tink's ferocity on this. There is no beating around the bush as we say in the UK on this issue, cats are born with claws for several reasons, these being:

1) Claws aid grip when walking, cutting off that part of a cat's digit would be akin to cutting off some of our feet, yes I did say feet! If you liken a cat's natural climbing instinct to our natural instinct to walk each and every part of a cat's foot is finely tuned to aid balance and grip while climbing.

2) Claws are vital in getting a cat away from danger, fast. A cat has more chance of getting run over by a car when it can't grip the road surface than a cat that has all it's armour intact. Also a cat has less chance of getting away from other predators when being chased. You don't live near a road or your cat doesn't go out you say? If anything happened and that cat had to be rehomed it will be facing a whole new set of dangers.

Your OH sounds like a practical guy, so give him these practical truths.

Also, and this is only personal opinion, but if my OH tried to force animal cruelty on to my cat or any other animal for that matter I wouldn't give him the time of day.

..The mark of a person is shown by how they treat their fellow companions.

Just updated myself on all these posts I'm glad your OH saw the light! Look at your beautiful girl, how could he even think....