Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Bengal, moggies
30-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #41

Re: Can cats love there owners?

I have one cat who definitely loves me....almost as much as she loves herself

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
28-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #42

Well, Max as much as I love him, mainly fusses me when he wants food. Tess will get into my bed and drape herself over me and sleep cuddledup for ages if she is allowed. Felix (and Tess used to) HAS to climb onto my left shoulder every morning without fail and just nuzzle my hair,my neck, claws going into my back (ouch!) but as he has already been fed at this point its not cupboard love ! He also plonks onto my chest (not my lap!) and gets as close to your face as he can to settle - usually preventing me watching the television. Maisie is so timid I feel privilaged the few times she rubs up against my leg or occasionally jumps onto my lap for a fleeting moment. Yes, some cats more than others have a stronger emotional bond with their owners. Thats love. Jx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Dollfaced persian British shorthair
29-05-2009, 01:09 AM   #43

Well I deffinately believe cats live their owner!!
Our cats follow us everwhere and always seem to want some fuss!! Even when you don't see them for a few days, when they get back they'll want a hundred times their usual fuss!! If a cat didn't love it's owner then why would it come back home after we let it free?? Why do some cats go miles just to find their owner?? And even if some think it's all for food and warmth, well they can think again!! Otherwise why would they spend most of their lives being by the side of their owner??

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mixed tortoishell
09-06-2009, 09:59 PM   #44

My cat Poppy is like a little shadow following me around purring, making a humming noise, loud mmmmm noises (I have to wear a hearing aid as I am a little deaf) but she always makes sure I hear her especially when she wants food!) She is on a prescription diet at the moment, being a little overwieght but that doesn't stop her in the early morning climbing over my legs just as I wake up (how she knows I am awake I am not sure) walks over my face, then crashes down on the pillow onto my face, which means I have to move a bit and get just enough space between her and my husbands head to try and sleep on before she demands 'breakfast' she is a beautiful darling, always butts our faces and loves cuddles, purring VERY loudly! She was adopted from our vets (mixed tortoishell) I believe cats DO love humans in their own way same as we all love them and their funny ways.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: black and white Moggie
25-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #45

I definetly believe cats love their owners,,,,,if you love them and look after them they repay you with their own love and affection

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: selkirk rex, ragdoll
22-01-2010, 04:31 PM   #46

i wish i knew the answer to this.id like to think they do
im sure my late beloved bear loved me

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: maine coon? norweigen forest ??
shimmy is Male
24-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #47

I think they love us most definately. some cats show it in different ways and amounts i believe, my old cat Stimpy used to be all over me 24 /7 she,d jump fences at 15mph with me in the car as i came home.(maybe not tht fast but u know tht exited sprinting) That for me says it all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-01-2010, 06:08 PM   #48

My Cat Jerry loves me so much i think he would eat me up if he could get away with it
He sometimes licks my fingers or toes (not something i realy allow) but he will very gently give a testing nibble and if you don't react he will begin chewing :shoc
k:

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH
Stephan is Male
06-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #49

Love??-only a cat can get away with waking you at 4 in the morning,drooling in your face and then being expected to get away with muddy paw marks all over the sheets

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
08-02-2010, 11:14 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan
Love??-only a cat can get away with waking you at 4 in the morning,drooling in your face and then being expected to get away with muddy paw marks all over the sheets
I agree with you all the way Stephan..5 oclock in comes "fat cat" I have to move over for him some times he is soaking wet , which can be a bit of a shock to the system at that time of the morning and I am fast asleep..he is puurrring away and expecting loads of cuddles..
he was homeless and moved in with me about a year ago..he is now one plump and loving boy..