Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Fluffy. Calico cat.
27-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #1

Share your rescue experience!

Did you have a great experience or could things have gone better? Animal rescues and shelters in the UK want to do the best for the animals in their care AND for potential adopters and supporters. Let them know what they are doing that is brilliant or where they have room for improvement by filling out a short on-line questionnaire http://www.RescueReview.co.uk
All reviews go into a draw to win a years supply of pet food - to keep OR donate to your favourite rescue or rehoming organisation. Thank you. Miranda

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #2

Re: Share your rescue experience!

just done it

Catsey Junior

27-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #3

Thank you so much for rescuing (and writing a review). I'm sure your cat is very appreciative and enjoying a wonderful life now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #4

I have actually adopted 2 cats, each from different cats protection branches but also with very different experiences with the centres. I wouldnt have gotten cats any other way though

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
29-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #5

Done It.
Altho' all my cats are rescues the last time I adopted was in 1998, don't know if this counts but I've filled it in ok and put a bit in the comments box about this organisation that could be made better. 95% of my cats have been from there but I've lost faith in this org now what with their new policy etc.

Catsey Junior

29-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #6

Many thanks for your review. Interesting point about their change in policy. It seems to have concerned many - although I know their response is along the lines of focusing only on rehoming 'real' welfare cases and not say - the pets of a family emigrating abroad. It sounds as if you were in touch with them recently about wildlife?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
29-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #7

Yes, I was Miranda:

They were called out a while back for a local fox whose leg was basically crushed and hanging off, probably a RTA victim. The inspector caged it, looked at the poor creature then let it go to 'see the use of it's leg'. Well of course it ran away, it's a wild animal and can't be seen to show illness to any would be predator. Inspector said it was ok cos it was mobile! Grrrr The fox was found dead 2 days later under the trailer in the yard, it must have been in agony and died a lingering death when the inspector should have done the decent and humane thing there and then and taken away for treatment or pts.
A complaint was duly made!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
31-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #8

I used to volunteer in a rescue. I've filled the review form in for them

Catsey Junior

10-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #9

Very many thanks for all those who have submitted Rescue Reviews. All very positive except for a few concerns about customer care. It's quite possible some visitors/adopters don't realise many of the people working tirelessly at the rescues are doing so voluntarily. Shouldn't they be cut some slack? Any thoughts?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
10-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #10

I agree most people are volunteers but at the same time they represent the rescue and it doesn't cost much to be polite. After all if you don't have the public behind you, your stuffed!