Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
06-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #1

poor wee boy needs a home

Hi everyone, my neighbour pssed away last week and has left her wee cat ownerless, he s 5year old and needs someone to love him. The neighbours son is checking on him just now until the funeral and other thinsg are sorted and over with. They phoned the SSPCA and they said they would tale hi but would put him to sleep after 5 days of he wasnt re-homed. I have contacted teh cats protection and they have a waiting list so cant take him. Does anyone have any other suggestions for re-homing this poor wee boy?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
06-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #2

Re: poor wee boy needs a home

poor wee one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
06-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #3

oh no I so wish I knew of someone who could take him, will put a message on my FB to see if any of my Cumbernauld family know of anyone.

Catsey Veteran

06-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #4

that would be great alex, thank you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #5

Good luck finding him a new home. Poor little cat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #6

That is so sad. Hope something can be done; people should make provision for the care of their loved companion when and if .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
06-03-2011, 11:05 PM   #7

poor wee guy! why would the sspca put him to sleep? they do rehome cats dont they?

Catsey Veteran

06-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #8

unfortunately when she got rufus the cat, she was in the early stages of demetia as the family later found out. Her death wasnt expected either eventhough she was in hospital when she passed. I was asked by my mum if i could do anything to help, ive tried all i can think of now so just need to wait and see what happens now. If we hadnt of gotten Skye then we could maybe have taken him even temporary but with my 2 still getting used to each other, i dont want to introduce another cat and stress them out anymore as they are just beginning to settle. The wee cat is in clydebank just now still in his owners house with people going in and checking on him just now but when her estate is settled, thats when the poor wee soul will be desperate for a forever home.

Lyns, thats what i would have thought as well, but apparently when the neighbours son got on to them, thats what he was told That was by teh one in Milton (west Dunbartonshire) Ive contacted another 1 in Glasgow and told them what ive been told, so will see if i get a reply back from them that might be more positive for rufus

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
06-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #9

i do hope its a better response! they have cats for rehoming on their website thats why i thought it odd they would pts a cat.

Catsey Veteran

06-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #10

i know, its ridiculous, they are trying to cut down on the number of wee strays, and giving cats who need it a new loving home. Not put them to sleep, i will keep the forum updated on whats happening, hopefully it will be good news for him.