Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: tabby
08-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #1

Introducing Mazey

So today we picked up Mazey (renamed by my daughter who decided she did not like Lola). She is totally nuts! I did manage to capture a couple pictures of her but it was very hard as she does not keep still!

At this point i think she had worn herself out! She is absolutly gorgeous and very friendly Alex is thrilled.

Tracey

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #2

Re: Introducing Mazey

What a little sweetie!! She looks very young and very nervous . . . hopefully she'll settle soon.

How's Tommy taking to her?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #3

She's as cute as a button! She does look younger than her real age. I'm curious about Tommy's reaction too.

Catsey Junior

08-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #4

they met earlier than we wanted as Tommy poked his way into the living room which had not quite been shut properly. Mazey hissed at him (well sqeaked more like) and he just stood there and looked at her.
He then sniffed around her scratching post a bit and went out to eat his dinner.
So far so good but I will not be leaving them alone together until I know there will be no fighting. any suggestions to help will be more than appreciated.

Tracey

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-06-2009, 09:25 PM   #5

She is a real cutie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-06-2009, 09:57 PM   #6

She's a little poppet. I haven't introduced a kitten into a home with a resident puss YET! I had thought about crating the kitten at least at night to help him feel secure and allow for introductions without any fear of harm. My cat Kizzy is a gentle girl (unless she meets a rodent) but you can never tell. Of course the kitten needs to feel safe too.

Catsey Junior

08-06-2009, 11:58 PM   #7

currently she is sleeping in my daughters bedroom with the door closed to make sure they do not meet up overnight without supervison! She looks so cute snuggled in the duvet.

Catsey Junior

09-06-2009, 08:34 AM   #8

so far so good, this morning they touched noses and now they are sitting apart from each other just staring!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
09-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #9

Good luck with the introductions

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
09-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyRisebrow
they met earlier than we wanted as Tommy poked his way into the living room which had not quite been shut properly. Mazey hissed at him (well sqeaked more like) and he just stood there and looked at her.
He then sniffed around her scratching post a bit and went out to eat his dinner.
So far so good but I will not be leaving them alone together until I know there will be no fighting. any suggestions to help will be more than appreciated.

Tracey
what a cutie... regarding them becoming friendly... I have recently introduced a kitten(princess Harri) to our established cat (George) and had some success with using a dry face cloth... rubbing down one of them with the face cloth and then going and rubbing down the other one with the same face cloth... transferring their scents to one another... I did this a couple of times a day for a few days and they seemed to be calmer around each other and more accepting..