Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #11

Re: Frustrated puss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby Cat
Yes, he's got lots of toys he loves to play with. The snag is, he's always losing them and I have to crawl around on hands and knees peering under cupboards and such like trying to find them!
Lol, he sounds like my Leia!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
17-06-2009, 09:35 AM   #12

Awwwww bless, he does look so sweet sat there but soooooo fed up as well.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Burmese cross Siamese
18-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #13

Yes he is, Leesy. He keeps imploring me to let him out, I only wish I could. He's due back at the vets next week for a further blood test and a further supply of steroids, I guess. There's certainly nothing wrong with his appetite!

Catsey Veteran

18-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #14

I hope that all goes well for him at the vets next week, and please keep us informed as to how he gets on .

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Burmese cross Siamese
25-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #15

I can't find my original thread on neutropenia, but this is to let you know that Solomon went to the vet yesterday for another blood test. I wasn't expecting the results for several days, but the vet rang just now to say that his white blood cell count is much better and he can go out!

It seems I misunderstood what she was telling me earlier, I thought she was saying he had auto-immune deficiency or FIV, but in fact he has something more or less unique to him, i.e. immune mediated neutropenia which is a different kettle of fish entirely and he isn't dangerous to other cats which is a huge relief. She did say that if he got into a fight with another cat to bring him down to the vets straight away so that he could be put on antibiotics,so I only hope that won't be necessary! The main danger is his arch-enemy who lives a couple of doors away, but I'm going to have a word with his owner and see if we can arrange it so that Sol goes out when her cat is in.

He's now on 1.5 steroid tablets a day instead of 2, and he's got to go back again in three weeks' time for a further test to make sure the improvement is maintained.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #16

What excellent news, and what a relief for you.....and Sol!! Thanks for the update.

Catsey Veteran

25-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #17

That is fantastic news for Solomon, and I bet you are soooooo reliefed by the news