Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
11-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #1

Colin - this is how he does it!

Caught him from the other side, he struggled a little because he had to pull it this time rather than push but he is now competent at that too!

I don't know why it's on it's side as I did film it the right way up! And please excuse Jeremy Kyle blaring in the background!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
11-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #2

Re: Colin - this is how he does it!

Clever boy lol!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #3

That's amazing!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #4

Clever boy!

Catsey Veteran

11-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #5

He does that 'til it opens off the latch and then paws at the bottom to pull it open!

My dad came round with a sandwich the other day and put all the cats out, I asked him why and he said because he didn't want them all staring at him while he was eating, I said "Are you forgetting something? What about Colin?" 2 minutes later the door swings open, 6 obviously STARVING cats staring!

I have to admit to forgetting myself too, I have a friend who loves cats but is allergic and Tucker and Vitaani are very friendly souls and will say hello to anyone, so I shut them all out to save her sneezing, went to make a cuppa and when I came back they were all in, she said "I DIDN'T DO IT THEY DID!"

Knobs, I need knobs!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
11-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #6

He is such a clever boy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
11-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #7

lol, I have the exact same problim with Broxi. These cats are far too clever for their own good!

Catsey Veteran

11-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #8

See here they are doing that secret conversation bit with each other, so Broxi is to blame for this!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-05-2009, 04:48 PM   #9

I think opening the door and then not going out is especially clever as it implicates someone (or somecat) else!

Can you ask Colin to do it the proper way up next time - coz I've got neck ache as I had to watch it twice!

(My OH is another JK addict!)

Catsey Veteran

12-05-2009, 10:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I think opening the door and then not going out is especially clever as it implicates someone (or somecat) else!

Can you ask Colin to do it the proper way up next time - coz I've got neck ache as I had to watch it twice!

(My OH is another JK addict!)
You know what Angie, he's just having a lark about at my expense i'm sure of it! If he is in he wants out, if he is out he wants in, sometimes he just opens the door for the sake of it and doesn't bother coming in (or going out), he just does it for fun or whatever other reason, I don't know how a cat's mind works!

My friend (who is allergic to cats, very sad as she loves them, but her husband is also allergic and is much worse) and I were chatting today, arranged to come over to mine next wed for a meet up and chat and things, then actually re-arranged it because the cat can open the door and I haven't yet got round to getting a lock or a knobs, i'm going over to her now instead but that's not the point, I now realise this is his plan. They are slowly planning and plotting for my demise, to turn me into a crazy old cat lady with no friends, this is just the beggining!