Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
03-03-2009, 11:46 PM   #1

not good for Tiggles

poor Tiggles has some health issues.
Firstly she was opened up to be spayed but was already spayed. I hate that but it has to be done. It's actually much more sever than when they do spay, because the cats uterus is so tiny, it's hard to find & they have to be sure not to miss it, so they have to dig around to try & find it.

They thought she may have a heart murmur, but weren't sure so wanted to see her after she had recovered from her operation. She has been drinking a lot and went to the vets today for her check up. They ran some blood tests as she's also quite thin.

Results showed that she is on the verge of hyperthyroid & will develop thyroid problems in the next 3 months. She also possibly has some kidney problems, however this may be due to a slight infection from a small bleed during her operation. She is on antibiotics for now & needs another blood test in 4 weeks.

The other bad news is that the man who handed her in (he'd been feeding her for a month since her owner died) popped round yesterday to ask how she was & to say he'd like to adopt her as he & his wife are really missing having her around. However now she's been to the vets today & I've explained about her health, he doesn't want her.

The only good news is that she doesn't have a heart murmur, her heart is fine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-03-2009, 11:50 PM   #2

Re: not good for Tiggles

Poor Tiggles, and to lose her new home too...Hope she gets her new home, sad about her health problems though...Least she does not have a murmer...give her a huge cuddle from me please Smudgley....

Catsey Veteran

03-03-2009, 11:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Poor Tiggles, and to lose her new home too...Hope she gets her new home, sad about her health problems though...Least she does not have a murmer...give her a huge cuddle from me please Smudgley....
Do you know what makes me sad? She's a lovely, lovely little cat & she's lost her owner & ended up in a cat pen & now she'll never find a home. I think it's awful when they are in long term. The catpens are ideal as a short term stepping stone - but not a long term solution to a poorly cats life.

Catsey Veteran

03-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Do you know what makes me sad? She's a lovely, lovely little cat & she's lost her owner & ended up in a cat pen & now she'll never find a home. I think it's awful when they are in long term. The catpens are ideal as a short term stepping stone - but not a long term solution to a poorly cats life.
Is there no chance someone could foster her, at least then she would have a normal life....?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #5

That's so sad, poor Tiggles. She deserves a home after what she's been through.......... fingers crossed a special person will adopt her.

Catsey Veteran

03-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Is there no chance someone could foster her, at least then she would have a normal life....?
She is with a fosterer now, but still in a pen. We don't really have anyone who can foster her inside at present.

Catsey Veteran

04-03-2009, 12:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
She is with a fosterer now, but still in a pen. We don't really have anyone who can foster her inside at present.
Really hope as Mags has said there is a special someone who can give her a home....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
04-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #8

Fingers crossed for this girl. Hope someone, somewhere has space in their heart.

Catsey Veteran

04-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #9

anybody want a Tiggles..... Tiggles for sale....Roll up, roll up.... get your beautiful cat here........

Any takers?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #10

Poor Tiggles. I think it's a bit mean that the people feeding her were only 'attached' on the basis that she was healthy. Shame. We sometimes offer to fund vet care for poorly cats if a new home takes them on. Any chance Stourbridge might do that for Tiggles?