Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
24-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #1

Meet Sprout

Here is Sprout. He has been hanging around a ladys house for months & months & she had got one of our traps (not that anyone knew about that, but that's another story) anyway, she used to be a CP volunteer and I spoke to her a couple of months back about this cat (and she announces she was given a trap last summer to catch him, but never did) I said if he's feral, we can't take him, but if you catch him we'll neuter him and see what he's like.... Well yesterday we got a message to say she thought he was unwell and she had trapped him, so he went to the vets but they just blood tested him & we've had him to monitor him because the lady thought he was quiet & possibly sneezing. He will let you handle him & pick him up, but he's unsure. He came to me last night and has not eaten since the lady fed him on Sunday evening. (Vets didn't feed him & he has decided not to eat here last night / today) I've not heard him sneeze at all & he appears in good health, although he stinks & he is just how you would imagine a stray Tom to be, his white bits are filthy in places. His coat is greasy & dirty, but I like the old tom cats like him. We wanted to pick a name to symbolise a grubby old man, so we came up with Sprout

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #2

Re: Meet Sprout

His name suits him down to the ground, poor old lad...one thing I would hate to come back as is an unwanted/unloved cat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #3

Blimey! Smudgley...He is the image of the Tabby & White I am feeding and hoping to catch, even to the grumpy face!!!!
Will try and get a picture of him....
Poor boy he looks like he has been through the wars!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-02-2009, 09:54 PM   #4

Poor fella, I hope he eats something soon. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #5

Poor boy - come on Sprout! Things could get better for you if you'll just eat and let yourself be cared for .......

(I like the name Sprout)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
24-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #6

Poor lad, he doesn't look very happy at all does he?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #7

If you look past his matted fur and unkempt condition he really is a handsome man...

I do hope he starts to eat again soon and realises how lucky he is to be a guest at the Smudgley Mansion....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #8

Poor old fellow, hope he starts eating soon. At least he's warm and being cared for now....but he surely does look grumpy! How old do you think he is?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
24-02-2009, 11:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Poor old fellow, hope he starts eating soon. At least he's warm and being cared for now....but he surely does look grumpy! How old do you think he is?
he's not grumpy, I know he looks it, but he's actually kind & gentle. He wants me to stroke him, because although he stands very still, he half head-butts my hand to let me know he likes it. His eyes are kind & he is gentle. Unhappy yes, he's in a strange environment. He's not been handled much (certainly over the last few months) but mainly because he has chosen to always run away. But now he's confined & has nowhere to run, he quite likes being touched. Most will hiss and spit initially, but not him. Even the friendly cats will hiss at first if shut in a cat pen. Anyway, underneath his grubiness and greasy coat, I have had a good look at him and his teeth are pearly white, so although he looks rough on the outside, I actually think he is just a young adult. Maybe 18mths to 2yrs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-02-2009, 11:51 PM   #10

He will come on now with your love and care, He is a lovely boy....