Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #11

Re: New Laptop...

Okay whats the difference betweena Mac and a PC people.....Mags did you have anormal PC before and do you find the Mac better/different.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-10-2008, 07:44 PM   #12

I am still learning Kazz, I do know you do not get virus's with a Mac

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #13

Kazz - have you got the sound working on your pooter yet?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #14

I went for a Mac as my first computer, primarily because it was considered more user friendly and almost immune to virus. It's a desktop, would love to have a laptop, but they are pricy, and with the economy in the state it's in right now am deferring any plans....
Do let us know what you think of it, Moli, compared to a PC.

What browser are you using? Safari, Firefox?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-10-2008, 08:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Okay whats the difference betweena Mac and a PC people.....Mags did you have anormal PC before and do you find the Mac better/different.
Yes Kazz, I had a normal PC before and I started to get a lot of problems with it. It was my son who persuaded me to change to a Mac as it's what he uses for his work and he said a Mac doesn't get the viruses a PC does. I was a bit dubious at first as I imagined it to be something completely different that I would have to learn. I finally agreed and had mine before Christmas last year. Admittedly I didn't have to do anything with setting it up, my son did all that side of it for me ........then within a week I was completely at ease with it and wouldn't go back to a PC.

What it would be like for someone starting from scratch with a Mac, I don't know My son let me practice on his before I decided on it.

Catsey Veteran

07-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I went for a Mac as my first computer, primarily because it was considered more user friendly and almost immune to virus. It's a desktop, would love to have a laptop, but they are pricy, and with the economy in the state it's in right now am deferring any plans....
Do let us know what you think of it, Moli, compared to a PC.

What browser are you using? Safari, Firefox?
I have both DM, but like Firefox..

Catsey Veteran

07-10-2008, 08:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Yes Kazz, I had a normal PC before and I started to get a lot of problems with it. It was my son who persuaded me to change to a Mac as it's what he uses for his work and he said a Mac doesn't get the viruses a PC does. I was a bit dubious at first as I imagined it to be something completely different that I would have to learn. I finally agreed and had mine before Christmas last year. Admittedly I didn't have to do anything with setting it up, my son did all that side of it for me ........then within a week I was completely at ease with it and wouldn't go back to a PC.

What it would be like for someone starting from scratch with a Mac, I don't know My son let me practice on his before I decided on it.
Mastering the basics was easy on my Mac. Most of the trickier little things like copy and paste, how to post pics, etc. I learned right here with help from lovely patient people like Az, Mags, and Tom! And some others, whom I didn't pester quite as much!

Catsey Veteran

07-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Mastering the basics was easy on my Mac. Most of the trickier little things like copy and paste, how to post pics, etc. I learned right here with help from lovely patient people like Az, Mags, and Tom! And some others, whom I didn't pester quite as much!
Mags is very good when you are stuck on something DM

Catsey Veteran

07-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Mags is very good when you are stuck on something DM
Oh, tell me about it! If I had a dollar for every time I've asked for her advice/help I'd be able to go buy a new Mac laptop myself!