Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-05-2008, 10:09 PM   #11

Re: Laptop or PC?

Desktop for working on absolutely. I find the keyboard and mouse on a laptop really hard work. I would like to have a laptop for emergencies, as there have been times when my pc got fried (lightening strike) and although my computer wizard saved my hard drive so nothing was actually lost, I would have been out of action if I had not been able to borrow a laptop.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 tabby's
10-05-2008, 10:29 PM   #12

I have a Apple Mac desk top and it is the best!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #13

Another Mac desktop here; would like to have a laptop to be able to go sit in the garden or on the porch in nice weather, but Apple is a bit expensive for something I'd probably only use in the Summer months.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
10-05-2008, 11:10 PM   #14

Desk-top here too. I can't balance a lap-top easily and type at the same time! If I put the lap-top on the coffee table then I'm in an uncomfortable position. Hubby uses the lap-top a lot more but moans that he'd rather use the desk-top but can never get on it because of me!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
10-05-2008, 11:17 PM   #15

I use both and I think they both have advantages.
I often like to sit and work on the PC at my desk, but then I like the convenience and portability of my laptop.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 Mad Moggies
11-05-2008, 09:10 AM   #16

I have a PC but wouldnt mind a laptop as well, i think it all depends on what you want it for, pc's tend to be more powerfull and have bigger hard drives unless you go for the really expensive laptops.

If you do lots of downloading for example i would say get a pc, its not just about the space and mobility for me, its the power of the computer.

So, all depends on what you want to use it for and how much you want to spend