Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #1

Broadband Abandoned

Well, I've done it; AOL has got me down so much I have abandoned BB and gone bak to dial up. So its slower but at least I'm not getting kicked off for no reason and the connection is ok.
Trouble is I signed an 18 month contract for BB right up to June 2009 so I'm stuck paying for it!
Anyway hope I get better luck this time then come the said date I'm kicking AOL out and going to a better ISP.
I'm not very computer savvy, so they can baffle me with the geek speak. I need a hand-holding session on the use of this thing and its innards are a mystery to me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #2

Re: Broadband Abandoned

AOL (IMO) are not very good - I got shot of it before I switched to broadband. There are loads of other providers who are really good. Funnily enough, I've used BT right from the start - and I use it in the office too, and it's actually very reliable!

I couldn't live without broadband, I spend all my time on work email, doing work stuff or CP stuff (or catsey stuff ) and dial up would drive me insane!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #3

It's the lesser of 2 evils Yola
I just use my computer for emails and Catsey and to connect with my sis in the States, I'm only on it for 1/2 to 1 hour at a time so dial up is ok for me. I don't do music on here or videos so the extra speed is not necessary. I really need a lesson on how to get the best out of it.
A friend of mine who is very computer wise said BT is brilliant for internet working, so may transfer in June 2009. Shame I signed up for so long

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #4

I really think you should make a complaint and see if they will release you. If you kick up enough of a stink by clearly explaining why you feel they have let you down and make some thinly veiled threats about consumer assocations/trading standards then you might find they'll release you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #5

I'd at least give what Yola suggests a go PoshPuss - after all, you can't lose any more than you already are. Ask your friend if he/she can help you with the computer speak!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #6

I've never felt the need for broadband as all I use my computer for is e-mail, Googling, shopping, Catsey and a garden forum: don't do music, videos, movies, games or any of those things that need blinding speed......

Although sometimes when using Photobucket I do wonder if it would be worth the hassle to change.....

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2008, 10:40 PM   #7

I use napster for music, but I don't download it, I just listen to it online. None of the other things though

However, I do require fast download . . . I just don't have the patience to wait an age for a screen to appear, especially as I'm usually juggling 1/2 a dozen screens!