Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-03-2008, 05:40 PM   #1

Photobucket......

Discovered last evening that they have changed things about...went to use the Edit/Resize as I always do for photos, and found a new system in place which I hate! With the old system it only took about a minute to Edit/Resize (and remember I have dial-up!). The new system has all sorts of new and complicated options and takes forever for a single pic...at least five minutes! I wonder if there's any way to continue to use the old Edit option, or if it's gone forever???

Anyone else tried this?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-03-2008, 06:37 PM   #2

Re: Photobucket......

Sorry dandysmom - I haven't been on Photobucket for a couple of days, I'll check it out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #3

I don't resize in photobucket. I resize them in a photo editing suite before I upload to photobucket. I hope you manage to sort this out, I can remember the days of being on dial up and being very frustrated with things taking ages. Good luck, hope someone else will know how to help you

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #4

Hi again dandysmom - I've just tried it. I can see why you're alarmed at the change BUT after I found my way around it (and that did take some time) I found it easy to use the resizer (not having a photo editing suite) although I can crop photos on Windows Photo Gallery (I think you are a Mac user?), that still leaves you not knowing what size your photo is. I think Catsey Carole gave me some advice about the optimum size - I'll check that link for you. I have to say it didn't seem to take that long - certainly not 5 mins. Better luck next time, I think.

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #5

It was this thread dandysmom, which you contributed to as well.
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=26175

I used the dimensions that Carole gave. The software she quotes is FREE and looks amazing, but I am trying to learn GIMP at the moment (also free software). I really like openuser programs - it's what the future's all about IMO!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-03-2008, 08:01 PM   #6

Eileen, are you able to reset the size of your pics on your camera before shooting? That's what I've done....

Have a look in the little manual that came with your camera under Resize...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
but I am trying to learn GIMP at the moment (also free software). I really like openuser programs - it's what the future's all about IMO!
Someone mentioned GIMP to me recently, it's a sort of free photoshop type software isn't it? I had a quick look but worried about the download size (don't want to clutter up my hard drive ) How easy is it to use??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-03-2008, 09:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Hi again dandysmom - I've just tried it. I can see why you're alarmed at the change BUT after I found my way around it (and that did take some time) I found it easy to use the resizer (not having a photo editing suite) although I can crop photos on Windows Photo Gallery (I think you are a Mac user?), that still leaves you not knowing what size your photo is. I think Catsey Carole gave me some advice about the optimum size - I'll check that link for you. I have to say it didn't seem to take that long - certainly not 5 mins. Better luck next time, I think.
Yes I'm a Mac user; can do all the fancy things in iPhoto except resize; and Catsey's new one won't work properly for me: it does resize but the pic vanishes in two hours, so obviously useless. I know I'm probably doing something wrong in the Catsey Resizer, but since it's always been so simple and quick in PB have stuck with that. I do wonder at the time it takes now...even with dial-up it was very quick with the old system...guess I will just have to live with it...

Oh, and Mags' suggestion about doing it in the camera: that is way too intimidating for me to try......

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2008, 09:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Someone mentioned GIMP to me recently, it's a sort of free photoshop type software isn't it? I had a quick look but worried about the download size (don't want to clutter up my hard drive ) How easy is it to use??
I can't YET tell you how easy it is to use Fran, as I have just started working my way through"Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional". Similar to photoshop type software as you can "create digital art, craft greetings cards..... and make the most of your digital camera". But you can do animation on it too. See page 3 of the thread below for an example. Please note though that I am not clever enough to have done this, my friend Hanna did!

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=26111

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Yes I'm a Mac user; can do all the fancy things in iPhoto except resize; and Catsey's new one won't work properly for me: it does resize but the pic vanishes in two hours, so obviously useless. I know I'm probably doing something wrong in the Catsey Resizer, but since it's always been so simple and quick in PB have stuck with that. I do wonder at the time it takes now...even with dial-up it was very quick with the old system...guess I will just have to live with it...

Oh, and Mags' suggestion about doing it in the camera: that is way too intimidating for me to try......
Shame about the Catsey resizer - that's something the supporters use isn't it? I'd get on to Az about that as it's a pity you can't use it.