Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-02-2008, 09:48 PM   #11

Re: Question for typists

I leaned to type on an old manual Underwood! It had an apron over the keys so you couldn't peek! My little fingers have never been very strong and I always had trouble using QAZ or PL, and the various punctuation marks. I was never very good at touch typing numbers either, don't know why!

I have had a new pc installed today - with Vista Ultimate and new wireless keyboard. It's supa-doopa and no effort needed with the keys. I pity those poor typists, like my own mother, who had to use those dreadful heavy old manual typewriters. Remember the typing pool at all (not that I ever worked in one). I also remember with more affection Gestetna machines and that wonderful correction fluid! Oh dear!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-02-2008, 09:57 PM   #12

Re: Question for typists

Oh that's taken me way back...correction fluid!! And then IBM came out with the correcting tape .... remember, you just backspaced over the error and it vanished!!! What a miracle that was! My job was mostly with figures, didn't require much typing, so my hunt-and-peck sufficed; had an old manual Smith-Corona....and you did have to pound those keys...

Your new PC sounds cool ......