Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
04-01-2008, 06:59 PM   #1

Hackers/Hijackers

Some B*****D has hacked into and hijacked my emails and all info and contacts i have stored there.
This has all come about while i was online earlier, I received 4 emails from ebay about an item I am selling, I am not nor have I ever sold anything on ebay.
I was advised to shut down and change all my passwords but I kinda made a muck up of that bit and have lost my account.
We think the hacker got there before me and changed the password for me.
Pretty worried about it all.
I dont want to alarm any one but it may be a good idea, if I have e-mailed you, that you change your passwords too.
I dont have a great understanding of these things so just want to warn you.
I have opened a new email account for now, so if any one wants they can pm me and i'll give it to you.
This also means i dont have any of your email addresses now so you can all relax in the knowledge that you wont get any more crap jokes off me ever again

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
04-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #2

Re: Hackers/Hijackers

Its scarey isnt it what some people can do! Hope you manage to get it all sorted soon mate

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #3

I have turned you to spam. Does that mean they can get access to your catsey account, and do you have any banking online??? if so act now!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #4

dont think I have receiver email from you, have I? PM's yes, but not actual email!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
04-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #5

That's really quite frightening Elaine. I hope you get it all sorted soon.

Catsey Veteran

04-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #6

Thankfully I dont do any internet banking but I do worry coz i buy a fair bit on line.
Have had loads of forms to fill out in order to verify the account belongs to me, so will now just have to wait and see what happens.
Man!! am i having a good start to the year.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
04-01-2008, 08:25 PM   #7

How very odd to want to anyway??? Sorry you are a victim of this scam Elaine hope you don't have too much trouble X

Catsey Veteran

04-01-2008, 08:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes
How very odd to want to anyway???
Isnt it just

Its a pain in the rear end is what it really is coz I now have no contacts and have lost alot of info etc.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH
04-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #9

jeese thats really scary - what do you have to do to stop these crazy people ??? I have firewall, spyware and antivirus and I make sure I do all the updates etc, but I am worried about people nicking my ID and /or details that have entered in various pages.

Any tips from members would be helpful - thanks

I am sorry you're having to deal with this crap. Hope you get sorted out soon and theres nothing else to come of it.

Catsey Veteran

04-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofster
jeese thats really scary - what do you have to do to stop these crazy people ??? I have firewall, spyware and antivirus and I make sure I do all the updates etc, but I am worried about people nicking my ID and /or details that have entered in various pages.

Any tips from members would be helpful - thanks

I am sorry you're having to deal with this crap. Hope you get sorted out soon and theres nothing else to come of it.

We have all those things too and Graham is maticulous in doing all the necessary updates etc so I am sorry I have no tips to share.
Its a real pain in the bum though coz i have lost all my info. Have filled out all the relevant forms etc so its just a case of waiting to hear back from the fraud people but thank god i dont do any internet banking.