Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-09-2006, 11:39 AM   #31

Re: help with mom rejecting her kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Hi Yvonne.
Many people on here do rescue, and yes you are right there are some adverse reactions due to unplanned moggy breeding and yes we had a debate on it. You will find however, EVERYBODY'S Cats on here are very much loved and adored by their owners as I am sure yours are, and the members here have a wealth of knowledge to share. Stick around.
Dawn.
Yes, exactly

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 moggies
08-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #32

Update time now they are finaly asleep again for I hope a while.
Minnie moocher (Mom) fed the kittens twice last night but would only accept feeding them on top of the welsh dresser which meant one of us had to be there all the time for when she had finished to scoop them back down onto the floor, she still wouldn't accept them in the bed we have made for them.
This morning she went missing and only came home at about 2.00pm. She has fed them briefly but seemed a bit overwhelmed by having all six of them and started getting a little angsty with them.
I am starting to wonder now whether the neighbour who's shed they were in knew where the cat belonged for some time now and only traced us when maybe when things started to get a little too much for Mom?
Sorry, this is turning into a long post!
Things here are so hectic, please tell me everyones house is such a pigsty sometimes!
We are supposed to be away this weekend (last weekend we took Geoffrey away in the caravan and hoped to do the same this one)
My 20 year old daughter says she can cope but........... well, maybe she may cope better than me because she doesn't fuss as much.
Off to try to tidy up now, may be away for the weekend, who knows?
Yvonne x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
08-09-2006, 05:23 PM   #33

Hope you stay to chat Yvonne. And dont worry about the messy house - its part of the deal when you become a Catsey member!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
08-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #34

Yvonne you've gotta stick around, cos we need plenty more updates

Every cat owner is welcome. You could also have some experiences with your cats that others are going through and help them out.

We do have 'healthy debates' but we still remain friends and have a good laugh aswell

Catsey Junior

08-09-2006, 06:27 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi
Yvonne you've gotta stick around, cos we need plenty more updates

Every cat owner is welcome. You could also have some experiences with your cats that others are going through and help them out.

We do have 'healthy debates' but we still remain friends and have a good laugh aswell
Don't know how much knowledge I have, I'm still clueless, although I have had cats for the last 21 or more years it's just trial and error I suppose, first time I have had to cope with this though!
Geoffrey is coming in the caravan with us tonight, we are only going 30 mins from home and if Bryony(daughter) can't cope we can just come home again.
Mom has been coping with 2-3 kittens at a time so they should be o.k. It just needs someone to supervisee and make sure that they are alright.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Black & White
10-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #36

well I hope you stick around as your we're all keen to hear your updates

you have done a great job by the sound of things, and so Well Done
Hope you have a great well deserved break

Catsey Junior

10-09-2006, 10:12 PM   #37

Hi, back again, we got home a few or more hours ago but things were a bit hectic.
All 6 kittens are still with us and thriving, making lots of mess and noise though still.
Judging by the little bits of mess they seem to be leaving it would seem that we don't need to encourage them to 'poo' any more(cotton buds and massage is just so ucky)
Just need for them to be trained into the litter trays now.
Mom is slowly accepting them again but seems a little clueless, still they are still here after nearly a week so I suppose that, fingers crossed they will make it.
I have stopped the bottle feeding as Mom is having some input and they are eating(still splashing about in, rolling about in etc.) solid food.
They are just sooo sweet, I have some pictures on my mobile but don't know what to do with them.
Back to work full time tomorrow, can't have much more time off.
Yvonne x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #38

You are doing a grand job Yvonne!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
11-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #39

Sounds like a grand job has been done

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-09-2006, 08:13 PM   #40

Only just caught up with this post - somedays I mis entire people never mind a post.

Yes please do stay your kittens sound smashing we are a friendly bunch here and when we do argue no onw hopefully takes offence a healthy argument is good for the typing finger

Karen