Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
14-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #1

Smelly breath

I picked Salt up today to give her a check over and noticed her breath really, really stinks bad

I've also noticed she's got a bald spot comming on the inside of her right front leg. It doesn't look red or sore and she will allow me to touch it. It's just got no hair on it

I think it's gonna be another cat to the vets on Friday aswell as the little kitties

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 black moggies
18-08-2006, 11:19 AM   #2

Re: Smelly breath

Oh dear has she got any bad teeth or any mouth problems if not it sounds like a tummy problem to me.Best get the vet to check it out.

Catsey Veteran

18-08-2006, 12:39 PM   #3

We were told that she has gingtivitus (sp) by her previous owners but never noticed really bad breath on her before now. My vet didn't think it was that bad when i took her for a checkup the other week but maybe worth getting her cewhcked out when I have Moli checked out aswell.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-08-2006, 02:38 PM   #4

Bad breath is usually caused by bad teeth. My old boy, Ferdy had the most rotten breath and his teeth were bad

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi
We were told that she has gingtivitus (sp) by her previous owners but never noticed really bad breath on her before now. My vet didn't think it was that bad when i took her for a checkup the other week but maybe worth getting her cewhcked out when I have Moli checked out aswell.
My Sam had very smelly breath Nae, the vet did say it was because he had gingivitis.....

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 black moggies
21-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #6

Any updates how is the little one now?

Catsey Veteran

21-08-2006, 07:10 PM   #7

I've stopped giving her wet food and kept her to dry food and she doesn't seem to have really smelly breath now. It's still smelly but nowhere near as bad it was the other day.