Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
04-08-2006, 02:40 PM   #11

Re: Frontline and Fleas

I don't know if you have them where you live, but up here (south Cumbria) we get Harvest Mites, this is the time of year when they start to appear, they can be VERY irritating both to animals and humans. Check for what looks like orange pollen between toes, under collars, ears , etc, and if you find any the best idea is to go to the vet, I think there is now something that can either help/prevent the problem but not sure. In the past we have had to have the dogs/cats treated with steroids to suppress the itching. Some animals, like some people, are not affected at all. Logoes

Cats owned: 5 mogs
12-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #12

hi, not until this year, i use frontline pump spray from the vets , the best thing in my opinion is using a flea comb i give my five cats a quick comb twice a day. they love the fuss as they are all silly daft. i spray the house ,vac daily etc , but this year ive not known anything like this.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 Mad Moggies
12-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
24th July and was the spot on. Wonder if I am doing it correctly as some of the stuff went on their fur and not skin as they wriggle so much
Have you checked how long it lasts? Some of them only last 1 month.

The weather doesn't help.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
12-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #14

All seems to have settled down now. Me being panicky I think. Still NEVER seen a flea so not sure what I would be looking for, but the cats seem ok.

Misty is still a little cow when I put the drops on. She shook them all off the last time!!