Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
23-08-2006, 09:14 PM   #11

Re: Bones off to the vet today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz5
He needed another dental check up anyway and I suspect he'll need more teeth out, hes already had most of them out in the last 5 years, the vet says he's just unlucky & some cats just get bad teeth, if he needs another operation for removing teeth I may just say to take the rest out (I think he only has about 5 left) hes 12 and with his health problems it might be better to just get rid of them rather than wait until they rot again.
Don't worry my cat has also got very bad teeth she has these things called neck leassions which rot through her teeth. She has also only got about 10 left. Last time they asked me if I wanted them all out but I thought I would hang on for a bit as she was only 8 (she is 9 now). I hope Bones kidney problem is OK and he gets better soon. Some cats zare just sicker more than others. Tilly is also deaf and a Virus carrier ( so she sneezes all the time and get runny eyes if she is left sneezing for too long.She then has to be given antibiotics to boost her health help from time to time. So I know alot about always going to the vets.

All the best and I hope bones is better soon.

Tilly

Cats owned: calico/crossbreed
24-08-2006, 01:11 PM   #12

Hope all the cats get better soon x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
24-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #13

hope your kittys feel better soon

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
24-08-2006, 07:04 PM   #14

Thanks everyone, in the end 4 out of 5 cats ended up with the tummy bug but it all cleared up after a week and they're back to normal now.
I always panic and start thinking the worse when they get ill, having never had a cat reach 10 years old I know I'm lucky to have 5 make it to old age together!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #15

Glad to hear they're all on the mend; it's so distressing when they're ill! And 10 isn't really old...early middle age! As to teeth. my Misty had lost most of hers by the time she was 16, but could gum her food as if she still had them; she died at 19 1/2!