Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
21-07-2006, 11:06 PM   #1

Teeth and biscuits query

Harold had to take his cat up to the vets last week for a dental, and at her check up today, the vet nurse told him to feed her smaller biscuits as they will help reduce the plaque build up. This seems incredibly bizarre to me, esp when most of the dental biscuits are larger than normal. Anyone heard of this?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
22-07-2006, 08:18 PM   #2

Re: Teeth and biscuits query

If they have small biscuits , they will need to manoeuvre them around in their mouth before cruching (bigger chance to scrub he right bit) and there will be many small bits, whereas if they're big it will be fewer and a straight chomp? Pure guess-work, and not sure even believe in it myself.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
23-07-2006, 08:34 AM   #3

I have never heard of this, but didnt realise cat biscuits where that large anyway????

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
23-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #4

Normal biscuits aren't all that big, but dental ones are - as they are supposed to make the cat chew, but I know someone who's cat eats those whole too!!