Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
14-07-2006, 10:35 AM   #1

Runny Bums....The Kittens NOT Me!

Yesterday Mabel was off colour all day/evening, not eating and drinking only a little with a runny bum.

Today Vincent seems the same.

Last weekend I changed to Felix Kitten - I couldnt get Natures Menu at the Pet Store - Do you think this is too rich for them? Should I keep them on Dry?

Love, Julie x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
14-07-2006, 11:07 AM   #2

Re: Runny Bums....The Kittens NOT Me!

If you do change food, you must do so gradually to get them used to the new food. Especially if they are kittens. This might be why they have runny tummies and aren't feeling that well, but I think they would have reacted sooner. Within a day or two.

If you feel there's reason for concern (by this I mean if you have any niggling doubts or feel there is something really not right about the way they are), or if they stay off colour and not drinking (or eating wet food) then take them to the vet to have a look. If they don't drink for more than a day, you'll need to consider dehydration - especially if the weather is nice where you are.

Catsey Veteran

14-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #3

Vincent has now been washed in the sink! his poopy went all over his legs! x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
14-07-2006, 01:43 PM   #4

ive just had exactly the same problem with daisy she`s not off colour but she had the runs but what worried me was the blood in it so took her sraight to the vets and she`s been given some prebiotics which is surposed to coat the gut and also she`s having to eat hills id recovery food.i normally feed her purina one kitten but thought id give her a little drop of whiskers kitten meat which im told by the vet it can be to rich for some little kittys tummys

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-07-2006, 01:45 PM   #5

As they are young kittens I would be inclined to get them checked out with the vet asap....they will be losing a lot of fluid with their runny bums and this hot weather won't help them either. Make sure they are drinking plenty too.....

I hope they'll be feeling better soon.........

Catsey Veteran

14-07-2006, 03:48 PM   #6

Thank you all, both mine are asleep at the mo x