Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: grey and black and white
05-07-2006, 09:51 PM   #1

Poor Fluffy has been in the vets overnight.

Had an emergency call to the vets last night as Fluffy was really off colour, refusing to eat or drink and just hiding away and very hot, when she went to her tray she just stood and urinated over the side which was definetly not her.

So panic call to the vets and rushed her down to the vets where her temperature was 107 and she was very poorly, diagnosis mastitus. The vet administered some strong antibiotics and anti-inflamitories and requested that she keep her in overnight. A while later the vet phoned to say that her temperature had come down a little but she felt that it might be better to put her on a drip which she did with not bother from Fluffy. This appeared to help as within another hour her temperature was down a good bit.

Fluffy stayed on the drip all day, she had a little to eat and drink during the night but lay still all day, poor little mite. Anyway we picked her up at teatime still very quiet as we talk but she has been through a lot in her 5 days with us, hopefully this will all get better before the weekend, she is back to the vets on Friday unless of course she stays off colour then she will be straight back down.

Here's hoping for her speedy recovery as she has been doing so well.

Angie and the gang

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-07-2006, 10:02 PM   #2

Re: Poor Fluffy has been in the vets overnight.

Oh.... that must have been so worrying for you

I'm so glad Fluffy is back home with you again and wish her a speedy recovery.........

Please let us know how she gets on.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
05-07-2006, 10:06 PM   #3

What a worry Mastitis can be really serious I really hope she starts to pick up very quickly x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-07-2006, 11:12 PM   #4

Hope she is feeling better soon....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-07-2006, 11:13 PM   #5

What a distrressing time for you. Glad things are looking a lot better & hope Fluffy continues making progress.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
05-07-2006, 11:33 PM   #6

What a worrying time for you. Hope Fluffy is soon back to complete health.

Catsey Junior

05-07-2006, 11:53 PM   #7

Unfortunately Fluffy is back in the vets tonight for another overnight stay as she was just far from being right, she appeared a lot happier when we brought her home, had a little to eat and drink and then she just lay quietly.

I left her for another 3 hours back and forward to her but she was too quiet, hardly lifting her head and very very quiet. When I phoned the vet she asked if she could see her again just to check her over and thought as I was working all day tomorrow that it would be better for Fluffy to stay there so they could monitor her as they think that she is still in pain, and also her mastitis is still a little cause for concern.

So I just feel very upset and worried for my poor little girl, hopefully there will be a big improvement tomorrow.

Angie and the gang

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-07-2006, 11:57 PM   #8

I do hope Fluffy will be alright Angie.....she is in the best place.....

Catsey Junior

06-07-2006, 12:02 AM   #9

Thanks Mags I know, but you still have to worry even although I've just had her a short time I miss her and am willing her well.

Angie and the gang

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
06-07-2006, 08:33 AM   #10

Poor little Fluffy. How lucky she is to have you caring for her. My old girl was v poorly recently but the vet care, including lots of rehydration, sorted her out. Fluffy will be OK I'm sure. Take care, try not to worry.