Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
05-07-2006, 02:29 PM   #31

Re: Darcy off to the vet right now

I have only just caught up with this Yola. So sorry that you have had such a worrying time, but thank goodness it is ONLY a hairball!! Hope he continues to recover well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-07-2006, 02:29 PM   #32

can i just ask, do ALL persians need the hairball remedy all the time?
I feed darcy and princess on royal canin persian, I havent read anywhere that they need hairball remedies other than hairball control food. But obviously if they do i'll get it for them right away.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
05-07-2006, 02:33 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
I feed darcy and princess on royal canin persian, I havent read anywhere that they need hairball remedies other than hairball control food. But obviously if they do i'll get it for them right away.
I have never fed it, but if you have one that grooms excessively then it might be a good option.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
CJ - I've only ever fed persian formula RC from nearly day one with Fifi and Balie. That seems to be sufficient for them. They both vomit furballs, but not excessively, most fur seems to pass through quite easily. However Darcy obviously has a problem with them; and this could have been exacerbated by the extremely hot weather (they lick more) coupled with the fact that I'm not grooming them as frequently as I'm less mobile and can't fit them on my lap readily

But as they are all getting on a bit (Balie is 9, Fifi nearly 9 and Darcy 5), maybe a little additional assistance to chase those furballs through would not be a bad thing

So I would say, unless you've experience a similar problem or they are vomitting furballs on a daily basis, I would stick with what you currently use (others, of course may have a different experience to mine).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #35

thanks dawn, thanks yola.
I just got a bit worried there that I Hadnt read something that they needed, and hence they werent getting it!

Sorry to have invaded your thread yola!
MD and princess dont groom a lot really, theyre both combed everyday so i guess they'll be fine.

BEst wishes for a speedy recovery for your darcy xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
05-07-2006, 05:47 PM   #36

Oh Yola, I have only just caught up with this thread What a worrying time for you I really hope that Darcy makes a quick and full recovery and that he is soon back home with you where he belongs x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #37

Oh phew!
I was worried all the time I was window shopping with MIL.
Best wisheds for an uneventful recovery for the wee one.
And, even allowing for yet to arrive junior, a nice glass of something chilled for Yola

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
05-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #38

Glad it was a hairball Yola and hope that the test results prove negative. I am sure they will. Darcy must of been all irritated and sore inside so would expect it not to look to pretty at the time the vet operated. But I suppose they are just dotting the I's and crossing the T's.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #39

I went up to see him at about 6pm tonight. Bless the little chap . . . he was sat in his cage with a day-glo pink bandage on his paw, a shaved neck with some pin-pricks in it and a VERY large dressing on his stomach. Vet said that the furball was about 6 inches long. My poor, groggy, crumpled little fella.

But at least he's still with us

And DM - I'm sat sipping a cold glass of Italian white as I type anticipating my 1st Italian lesson which will commence at 8pm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
05-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #40

Great news Yola, he'll be home before you know it.
Dawn.