Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 x rescue cats
07-08-2006, 09:24 PM   #1

BG update

I am sorry to report that BG has been a sicky puss this weekend - reacted really badly to his second round of jabs on Saturday and was a floppy sad boy on Saturday and Sunday. He's still not quite got his bounce back, but is much better - eating like a horse and wanting his cuddles again, so he'll be fine.

Vet reckons he could still do with putting on some weight - shouldn't be too hard, the amount he's eating

Now he's been jabbed and snipped, hopefully that'll be it for the vet until this time next year!

He's settling well - the girls will eat with him now, as long as he's not toooooo close - and Jenny even let him sleep at the other end of the bed last night!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-08-2006, 09:35 PM   #2

Re: BG update

Awww poor BG....glad he is beginning to feel better.......

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #3

Awwww, poor boy!!

Hope he continues to recover well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
07-08-2006, 10:41 PM   #4

Poor boy - those jabs are nasty! Glad he is eating well and not causing too much mayhem with your other pusskats!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #5

He;s looking good in those pics; what a gorgeous boy! Hope he's back to normal soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
07-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #6

Hope he is back on form soon. Vaccine reaction is common and can cause major problems, something worth considering if you intend on having him boosters.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
07-08-2006, 11:20 PM   #7

Good to see some more pictures and an update on him!!!! pretty boy I will arrange to come and see you some time (might be after my holidays in September if that is ok??)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-08-2006, 08:41 AM   #8

He doesn't look too bad at all for a boy with reduced bounce.
Best wishes for a total recovery very soon.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 x rescue cats
08-08-2006, 09:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Hope he is back on form soon. Vaccine reaction is common and can cause major problems, something worth considering if you intend on having him boosters.
I need to check his vaccs card for the type/brand and ask the vet if there is any alternative.

I always keep the kitties in for 24 hours after their jabs and kind of expect them to be a bit subdued/sleep a lot, but never known such a bad reaction. I was worried enough about BG to page the emergency vet on Sunday afternoon - over 24 hours after his jabs and he was just flopped on his side on the floor and didn't even twitch when I went into the room - a real heartstopping moment as his eyes were open. The vet was very good and phoned back within about 5 minutes and told me to take him in yesterday if he wasn't better - luckily he was, and seems to be more-or-less back to normal this morning judging by his trying to grab my ankle as I walked past him

I've heard so many different sides to the story on the leuk. jab, but remember how distressed my neighbours were when I was a child and they lost their two young cats to this terrible disease within a very short space of time - in fact, one died while they were on holiday and I shall never forget the woman's sister on our doorstep in absolute floods of tears. I just don't want to take the risk.

Emma - you're very welcome to come and visit (and meet the rest of the tribe too ) - hopefully BG'll be up to full weight by then (vet reckoned about another 10%).

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
08-08-2006, 11:49 AM   #10

he looks like hes coming on well and seems to have got used to his new surroundings