Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
10-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #31

Re: Jimmy struggling to swallow?

He is much brighter today, but thrown up a couple of times, still he is keen to eat and is keeping some down. I can feel he has some bits in him, but there are too far back at the moment to 'expel'. He will get his zantac a bit earlier tonight and I will maybe give him another enema( depending on how he feels) and take it from there. I am convinced he isn't ready to go yet.
I admit I feel a little under pressure because none of the vets want to lose him, and his owner's carer still asks after him ( she had asked the vet on Tuesday how he was). I wouldn't drag him on because of this but I will feel a bit of a failure if we lose him and that I have let lots of people down ( even though I know the vets will say it is time and are surprised he has lived this long!)
I am not being very clear am I, but I just feel I try so hard sometimes and in an innocent type of way, can't understand why it isn't enough
I sound nuts now, don't I.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #32

Absolutely not farthing - nuts, I mean. I understand how you feel about Jimmy, you've explained it well enough.

All I can say is you will know when Jimmy has had enough and you will let that guide you.

I had heard people say that before and didn't understand what they meant but I knew when my lovely old Merlin was just fed up with it all. You understand completely that you have to let him go when he wants it, and not be persuaded by what others think.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #33

Angie is right. When we are one-to-one with the cat we care for; whether we have known that cat for 20 years or 20 weeks there is something that tells us when they don't want to fight any more.

Whilst you owe it to Jimmy to give him every opportunity to gain strength and recover, you know probably better than anyone, that when their time is up . . . it's up to you to help him to a better place.

Keep fighting for him but keep an open mind; and that is the best we can do for them.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Two moggies
10-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #34

You sound like a very caring and thoughtful cat owner.

Thinking of you.

Laura x

Catsey Veteran

11-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #35

Jimmy is looking much brighter today and is hovering by the bathroom door whenever I go into the hall. He has brought up food once today, but I can feel he needs to go, so later on I will give him an enema.
I was rather touched this afternoon, but he came and rubbed against me, it doesn't sound much but he has never done that before. He will respond if you give him cheek rubs, but generally he is the most introverted cat I've ever met, I am amazed that he has shown any kind of emotion and rather touched by it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #36

He knows you are doing your best for him Farthing

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-10-2010, 08:57 PM   #37

You have touched his spirit farthing - he has acknowledged that and no wonder. I am still rooting for you Jimmy.

(How old is he?)

Catsey Veteran

11-10-2010, 09:40 PM   #38

He's somewhere between 16 and 17, so an older gentleman.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #39

Everyone is rooting for dear Jimmy; that was so touching about the rubbing.......

Catsey Veteran

18-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #40

Sorry I've not been on much, things have gone a bit mad here, but just thought I'd let you know how Jimmy was doing. He is now on oral zantac and has been for about a week, he has stopped being sick and is eating small amounts every 3 or so hours. I have NOT helped him pooh since before the weekend but he is obviously going because he doesn't feel bunged and would have been sick by now if he was. I don't know if this will continue or if he will go backwards again, but I'm hopeful and i'll be interested to see if he has put on weight on the 27th when he gets his acupuncture.