Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 tortie(f) 2 b&w (m) 1 black(f)
11-10-2010, 04:54 PM   #11

Re: Further Flea Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Well I am struggling with this. They have come back despite spraying the whole house and treating the cats.

I have booked an appt with the vets for 5.30 as I am hopeful they can provide something the fleas are not immune to.
this sounds to me like a flea allergy, i had a cat that used to take it bad and would be covered in scabs vet should give her something to help this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
I use spot on Frontline for the cats. Last dose was Monday a week ago and they are still bad. I used Johnsons Flea spray for the house.

This one:

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/johns...y_1_19987.html
i never use anything johnsons for the animals, it doesnt work as it isnt strong enough, when bella had her litter though i used their flea tablets for kittens over 4 weeks - only item of theirs that has worked for me anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I used Acclaim - this is the one

It is expensive, but definitely worked for me last time. It does seem that people have different experiences and I presume it means that those blasted fleas are becoming immune to various insecticides.

Hope you vet can suggest something that will WORK.
i have never used acclaim, but heard good things about it,

i use bob martin flea foggers and never had a problem with them http://www.petsathome.com/shop/bob-m...win-pack-15382

for my animals i use frontline

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
11-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #12

Well the vet has seen both cats. Chloe does have a flea allergy so he gave her a jab with something to ease the skin. He also wormed both cats as I am rubbish at getting the stuff into them.

He says he thinks the frontline is fine on the cats and thinks the house is the problem as the spray I used was rubbish. He has given me a proper spray for the house which I have just used. He didnt see any fleas on the cats but evidence of them being there. I joked saying "think they all stayed at home" and he said that was probably not far from the truth. Said they were in my carpets, bedding, sofas.

So the house is the problem. Hopefully it will be ok after tonight. I have sprayed everywhere.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #13

Oh Donna, sorry you are still having problems, nasty little ******s fleas. Hope you get them all this time round xxx

Catsey Veteran

11-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #14

It is all such a shock... never in the five years of having the cats have I seen a flea...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #15

What did the vet give you to spray the house Donna?

I do hope it solves your problems.

Catsey Veteran

11-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
What did the vet give you to spray the house Donna?

I do hope it solves your problems.
It was Indorex Household Flea Spray - never heard of it, but as it is more expensive, I am hopeful it will work.

http://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/indorex-...pray-p177.html

Does anyone know if I need to pull he sofas out and spray down the backs and sides? I have done the cushions and tops of the sofas and the front so far.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-10-2010, 09:02 PM   #17

I would Donna, just to be sure.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
11-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #18

Hi, just seen this. When we moved into this house we found it was crawling with fleas. I got frontline for the cats and did the same as you and got a smoke bomb, did the house twice and it didn't solve the problem. I got Acclaim but Indorex is as good and sprayed it everywhere, washed all bedding on as high a temp as I could and hoovered twice a day ( this is supposed to help). It worked a treat, the only sad thing was that it killed all insects and arachnids. It kills the adults for up to a year and larvae for 6 months. I once got bitten because the cats had picked some up a couple of years later so I sprayed everywhere again and had no problems since.

Catsey Veteran

11-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by farthing
Hi, just seen this. When we moved into this house we found it was crawling with fleas. I got frontline for the cats and did the same as you and got a smoke bomb, did the house twice and it didn't solve the problem. I got Acclaim but Indorex is as good and sprayed it everywhere, washed all bedding on as high a temp as I could and hoovered twice a day ( this is supposed to help). It worked a treat, the only sad thing was that it killed all insects and arachnids. It kills the adults for up to a year and larvae for 6 months. I once got bitten because the cats had picked some up a couple of years later so I sprayed everywhere again and had no problems since.
That's a bonus!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 tortie(f) 2 b&w (m) 1 black(f)
11-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #20

i think the reason the flea foggers worked for me is when i used them i was in a house with hardwood floors and it was very small, also the fact that i have to be on top of it at all times because my dog is very allergic to them he gets all red and sore underneath, so im always checking all the animals to make sure aswell as frontlining them constantly but it is strange that what works for one house hold doesnt work for another, i think it depends on the flea's and the size of the infestation to be honest, i think if i ever have to use anything on the house it will be either the acclaim or the stuff you get from the vets, but thats mainley because i now have pet rats and wouldnt want to harm them because of the fumes, especially as there cage is huge