Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
04-10-2010, 09:04 PM   #1

Further Flea Help?

Well the fleas that Chloe and Misty initially had went, but notice a few scabs appearing back on Chloe.. do you think this is anything to worry about? She doesnt appear to be too worried/skittish about things like before and she has Frontline on her (due to be repeated next week).

I know she can still get bitten by a flea, but as she is Frontlined the flea will die so wont reproduce, but wonder if it is worth worrying about ?

Thanks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #2

Re: Further Flea Help?

I think you sprayed your house didn't you Donna (if I remember from your last thread)?

Catsey Veteran

04-10-2010, 10:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I think you sprayed your house didn't you Donna (if I remember from your last thread)?
Yes I did spray the house

Catsey Veteran

11-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #4

Well I am struggling with this. They have come back despite spraying the whole house and treating the cats.

I have booked an appt with the vets for 5.30 as I am hopeful they can provide something the fleas are not immune to.

Catsey Veteran

11-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #5

Oh goodness - sorry about that Donna. I guess the next question is - what house spray did you use and what are you using on the cats???

My vet does not recommend Frontline any longer and we use Advocate now.

Catsey Veteran

11-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #6

I use spot on Frontline for the cats. Last dose was Monday a week ago and they are still bad. I used Johnsons Flea spray for the house.

This one:

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/johns...y_1_19987.html

Catsey Veteran

11-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #7

I used Acclaim - this is the one

It is expensive, but definitely worked for me last time. It does seem that people have different experiences and I presume it means that those blasted fleas are becoming immune to various insecticides.

Hope you vet can suggest something that will WORK.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #8

Donna, read this after I'd posted in the Daily about my flea problem being over. Did you consider getting an electric flea trap in addition to the other things you've tried?

Catsey Veteran

11-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #9

I didnt realise you had the same problem DM. I didnt think about a flea trap.. I wouldnt know the best place to put it though? All my rooms are small and separate from each other. Couldnt say the cats use one room more than any other either.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-10-2010, 04:15 PM   #10

Yes, Donna; I assume she got the fleas from the last mouse she caught; she was itching and scratching and I was horrified to discover fleas when I flea-combed her. I didn't want to use anything on her as she had a bad reaction as a young cat, so ordered the flea trap (had had one years ago when I had a bad infestation); that, hoovering and the flea comb seemed to do the trick. I don't think it was as bad an infestation as yours, though. I moved mine around from room to room, caught quite a few at first, but less and less, and have not found any fleas the last three nights when I combed her. I do hate the little &$(@*)@ though!