Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
24-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #1

also worried about Misty.

I'm now worried about Misty, she has spent most of the afternoon on the litter tray, peeing. She isn't producing much at a time, so I'm hoping it is cystitis, but she is in renal failure so I have to say I'm panicking. She has been off her food for the last couple of days, but has been eating fish, this is something she does every so often, so I didn't really think about it too much. She is in with Jimmy tonight for acupunture, so I'll be asking for them both to be blood tested. I don't know if I can deal with the outcome though, if it is bad for both of them.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
24-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #2

Re: also worried about Misty.

Oh no... I hope that she will be ok and that it isn't anything sinister. Thinking of you and sending positive vibes from me and my lot.

Catsey Veteran

24-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #3

Just back from an epic vet visit.
Jimmy has started snotting again, sneezing this morning, snottery by the time we got to the vet. We took bloods and have sent off for a thyroid check. The rest of his bloods were pretty much the same as last time but he has lost weight. In a way I hope it is his thyroid, otherwise the vet has no idea what is going on. So the news isn't terrible and the vet has no concerns about his quality of life at the moment.

Misty had her bloods taken as well, and her urea and creatinine are the same as last time and thankfully her phosphate levels are still normal. The only thing of note was that her glucose was higher than the vets like to see, even in a stressed cat and she had raised white bloods cell, indicating an infection. If she were to turn out diabetic, this would explain the weight loss and diabetics are more suseptable to cystitis. She has also been given an antibiotic and we have to get a urine sample tomorrow to check for sugar in it.

So the news isn't half as bad as I feared, but has also raised other concerns- although they may answer a few questions and hopefully keep our old friends with us.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
24-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #4

Your furbabes sure send you on rollercoasters of emotion, farthing. Hope that the two of them stay ok for now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
24-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #5

phew, glad the outcome wasnt as bad as though, and your two recover quickly!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #6

It could have been worse; hope they will both improve; a bad time for you lately

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #7

Farthing, I am sure we all applaud you.

Poor little Misty and Jimmy will both feature in our talk to The Great Cat tonight. Kizzy I am sure would send purrrrrs of comfort to them both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
24-09-2010, 08:15 PM   #8

I am so sorry you are going through more worry. ((hugs)) xx

Catsey Veteran

24-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #9

Thanks, sorry for sounding so dramatic on the first post, I was pretty panicked by that point.
I usually remain fairly positive but have to admit that I am struggling about Jimmy's welfare, and them when Misty was in and out of the litter tray today- it tipped me over the pessimistic edge.
I'm still trying to calm down, we were early at the vet by half and hour, the vet was half an hour late and we were in for an hour, because they both got their acupuncture too- so away for 2 hours. He left us after he had taken the blood tests and put in the acupuncture needles and did the other dog which was in for acupuncture. He came back to us after he had finished with the dog by which time the blood tests had been run. What added to the worry ,was the fact that my neices are here and Louise felt faint when the bloods were taken and had to go and sit outside.
I am having a glass of wine to try and relax before getting on with the other chores.

Catsey Veteran

24-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
I am so sorry you are going through more worry. ((hugs)) xx
I do sometime wonder why we do it, I quietly worry that I was a masochist in a former life.