Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
07-09-2010, 05:42 PM   #11

Re: Balie - vomiting blood

Hope it is just to do with the continual sickness.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #12

The vet too thinks it might be IBS so we have some antepsin to give for 5 days - I took the bloody vomit in for her to see and she was slightly taken aback, I could tell. I need to monitor results as Balie had ever so slightly raised urea count at his last blood test 6 months ago. Nothing to worry about at the time but it might be an underlying cause if the medication doesn't work.

He's a very subdued bunny tonight . . . I was a little concerned as he went outside and was wobbling alarmingly as he walked. He sorted himself out though, and was walking normally shortly after. Still, I don't like that he was SO unstable on his feet.

He's also lost weight - target weight is 4kg, he's 2.92kg, down from 3.01 at his last weighing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #13

Oh, poor Balie. It is so hard to take this in your stride, I know. I do hope the medication works for him and that he can eat without being sick.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #14

Poor Balie , I hope the next 5 days show a big improvement for him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #15

Oh poor Bailie; hope the meds will help. That's kind of worrying about the wobbly gait; I know you'll keep an eye on that. He is a little cat underneath all that fur, isn't he ... 2.92 kg! How is Fifi's paw?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #16

Sorry Balie's results weren't a bit better. Lets hope the drugs work.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #17

Everything crossed the meds kick in soon....Give him a huge cuddle from me...x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
07-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #18

Big huggle from me - hope the meds do the trick. The wobbly walking is a bit of a concern - hope that doesn't become another issue for him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #19

The wobble seemed to be a one-off. I moved him from his bed this morning and he jumped back up onto the worktop without too much worry. I will be watching it though.

Fifi's paw? It seems to be healing up quite well . . . there is still a bit of a raised scab but it's tiny in comparison with what was there previously. I will get her looked over by the vet in the next week or so, but she is SO much brighter . . . infact, this morning she was lying on the kitchen floor, on her back, stretched out begging for tummy rubs. She hasn't done that for years!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
08-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #20

Sorry things weren't better, IBD is a real worry so hard to know what to do. The antepsin helped Candy and she no longer needs it, we have her on Hilife now, it is gluten free and has very few additives. She has done very well on it and put on weight. She had a flair up recently but we now think it was because she was in the early stages of hyperthyroidism, since she's been on meds she's been fine.
The next stage for Candy, if she didn't improve was steroids but thankfully we haven't had to go down that route yet.