Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
19-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #31

Re: Just rushed Jimmy into the vet.

farthing, Jimmy will be in my prayers for the next few day while I'm offline. Bless you for your patience.x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #32

Jeez Louise, sit down and have a strong drink or five for yourself. What a worry they all are.
Pleased they are home and praying that they both do well. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
19-08-2010, 09:44 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Jeez Louise, sit down and have a strong drink or five for yourself. What a worry they all are.
Pleased they are home and praying that they both do well. xxx
I did have a good few glasses of wine last night Elaine. Apparently if Fluffy is going to suffer from low calcium levels it will happen 1-4 days after the op- so I thought I was safe enough to have a drink and do a load of comfort eating at the same time ( feels rubbish today though). Will be good for the weekend just in case we have an emergency vet rush to do.

Jimmy managed to jump on the sofa when I took him out for a cuddle, but that was him exhausted. He's eaten a little and is back in his bed. It will take a week to see any improvements but stupidly I was hoping he would be brighter than he is. He is on antibiotics so maybe once we have knock out the infection we will see him perk up.

Fluffy is eating like a horse, its one thing to be said for being hyperthyroid- no problems with being off their food. I managed to give her the injection in the neck muscle last night and she is fine today- much relieved about that. She got some metacam this morning and just wants out. I'm keeping her in the cage though so she doesn't knock herself and she will hopefully rest a bit better if she has no choice. fluffy is in tonmorrow for a post op check and again on monday to possibly have her calcium levels checked- depending on how her wound is- the wound is about 1 inch long, vertically down her throat. At the time of the op I was just worried about the calcium levels etc, it was only after, when the vet mentioned how tricky it was fiddling around all the major blood vessels to the brain I appreciated how risky the op really was.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-08-2010, 10:01 AM   #34

Louise, have just read though your thread. Phew, it's been a scary few days! I hope with all my heart that Jimmy rallies and regains strength to continue with you for a while longer yet. Much love to him - and delighted to read Fluffy's recovering. Hopefully the calcium levels will stablise and she can carry on as normal.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #35

You have been thru it, girl! Very happy that things seem to be progressing well, may it continue. Sending healing thoughts.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
19-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #36

Thanks, I have to admit I'm exhausted today and feeling rediculously down and sad. I've done nothing today, other than checking up on the 2 poorlies.

We will have to give Jimmy another enema, he got one yesterday at the vet but I can feel he needs to go again and I don't want him having to 'squeeze' . Fluffy has a huge appetite, and still seems bright- I got a text from the vet at 9.30 this morning asking how she was.

I guess I am just having a reaction to the last few weeks- they have been very worrying! I'm off for a bath and an early night- Mike will do everybody, except the cat's meds but that's fine. I feel really guilty because he is tired too, but hopefully after a good night's rest I can repay the favour over the weekend and let him have a long lie-in.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #37

Glad things are ticking along farthing, hope you have a good nights sleep.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #38

We still have fingers and paws crossed here and pleas to The Great Cat will be made again tonight.

Sleep well farthing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
19-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #39

Sleep well and take care. Good thoughts still coming your way.....

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
21-08-2010, 12:38 AM   #40

Hoping both Jimmy and Fluffy are still continuing to do well. Jimmy is in my thoughts, im really rooting for the little guy.