Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #21

Re: Just rushed Jimmy into the vet.

You're giving him every chance. Hang in there, and do take care of yourself too. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
18-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #22

Fluffy is through her op, both thyroid glands were huge but the vets only removed one, in the hope that we can control the other with meds. They did remoev one of the parathyroid glands because the thryiod had grown around it, but the have sown it bacuk in because it is supposed to heal very quickly. There should only be a slight risk to hypocalcemia and it usually occurs from 1 -4 days after the op- so fingers crossed.
We are going to pick up both her and Jimmy at about 6.15, just before the vets close, I will be given a painkiller injection for Fluffy when required and there is always a vet on call if we need one.

With Jimmy, the steroids last for about 3 weeks and we should see imrovements after about a week, if there are going to be any.

I have the jitters today I'm so anxious, but the worst is over.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #23

Bless both Fluffy and Jimmy - I do so hope that Fluffy will recover well from her op and that you won't need to call up the emergency vet cover. Fingers well and truly crossed for both of them. Will certainly be in our pleas to The Great Cat tonight.

Do you have any Rescue Remedy for yourself Farthing? No wonder you feel jittery. ((((HUGS))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #24

Glad it's over and looking hopeful! Fingers crossed here too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #25

Just read this thread and assume you are at the vets now.
Glad Fluffy's op went well and hope she recovers quickly.
Hope something can be done for Jimmy, however long he has with you i know he will have the best life.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
18-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #26

Jimmy is very weak, I have him in a dog cage to see how he does over the next few days. I don't want him trying to jump onto his bed on the windowsil. He has eaten a bit and then lay down to rest. He seems to enjoy a rub but isn't great. The Great Cat needs to do a lot of praying please!

Fluffy is as bright as a button and has had a bowl of food already. I guess with the speeded up metabolism she will recover from the drugs quickly and still be quite hyper. I have a painkiller to give at 11, it should be intermusclar and I'm a bit worried about giving it- sub cut I can cope with, but its best given in the neck muscle and the vet says its obvious where to go- lets hope he is right.
Fluffy is in on Friday for a post op check and she will be blood tested on Monday to check calcium levels ( assuming all is well until then).
We just have to wait now and see how each of the cats progress, but I'm happy they are home and they are in cages next to each other so have company too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #27

Glad they are both home which is best for them and for you farthing. Plenty of chats to TGC will be done tonight I just need my interpreter to present herself (Kizzy).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #28

I too am glad they are both home, great that Fluffy is feeling so bright.
Lets hope Jimmy can pull through to

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
18-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #29

glad that fluffy is doing good and praying that jimmy gets better.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
18-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #30

Glad that you have some good news about Fluffy. We shall be keeping our paws crossed here for Jimmy, shall be thinking about him.