Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
17-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #11

Re: Just rushed Jimmy into the vet.

Not good news.

The company have said it is unlikely to be the vidalta because these problems occour a couple of weeks after first starting the medication, and Jimmy has been on it for months now, the cat also recovers quickly while still on the meds.
This leaves us with chronic illness or a bone marrow issue. Jimmy has been checked for FIV/Felv as have all the cats he has been in contact with. There is nothing much more we can do- they are going to give him vitamins and anabolic steroids to try and kick start red blood cell production but it is now a waiting game to see if he responds. He is staying in for another night on the drip and will them come home- he is eating again at least. He does also have an infection and the vet wonders if he has reacted so badly because of one is aggravating the other.
We will pop in again tonight to see him and hopefully get him home tomorrow- although we don't know for how long.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #12

((((HUGS)))) farthing - you are amazing and have always done the best for all your animals.

Fingers crossed for Jimmy. I will put in a plea with The Great Cat right now for him.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
17-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #13

Poor Jimmy.... we are thinking of him. And thinking of you too farthing.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
17-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #14

Keeping everything crossed for Jimmy. Please dont beat yourself up though, we as owners do what we think is best for our babies and you are doing exactly that right now for him. ((hugs)) for you as i know how worrying and upsetting a time like this is, i really do hope its a happy ending for you all x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
17-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #15

You are doing everything you can for Jimmy as you do for all your animals farthing. You are in my prayers and if things are not to be, believe me no-one tried as much as you. (hugs) take care xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #16

I can only echo the above.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
17-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #17

I'm so sorry, hope you get your sweet boy home soon and that he will start to feel better.
((hugs))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-08-2010, 08:14 PM   #18

Everything crossed for Jimmy....Thinking of you...xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
17-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #19

Thank you for the support, it means a lot to know people know how you feel.

we went in to see Jimmy again tonight and he is eating well, done 2 pees and looks brighter again.
The vets are not optimistic about his future, and are quite sorry about it as Jimmy is a bit of a pet there ( he was in a lot when he was with his previous owner- eveybody knew Jimmy). He will be started on the steriods tomorrow, its apparently an old form of treatment hardly used now, but its a life or death situation so we may as well give it a try. It will also be helpful for the future to see if it works.
We hope to collect him tomorrow when we pick up Fluffy after her thyroidectomy- so a stressful day all round.
I guess we just have to wait for things to decide which way they are going to go.
I am gutted but at the same time have huge faith in the vets and between us we managed to give Spice a comfortable extra 6 months- so who knows. From experienceI know you can never put a time scale on something so won't give up until Jimmy does.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
17-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #20

i am glad to hear there is some improvement. sounds like you are prepared to fight with him and i know you will do whatever is needed and through thick or thin look out for Jimmy's best interest. stay strong and take care of yourself too.