Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
25-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #41

Re: AJ has blood in his urine :-(

I think in this case -forewarned is forearmed. You know what your are dealing with and you know what to look for and that is a good thing. I hope that AJ's crystals can be decreased and he can go on to have a comfortable life and I have no doubt you will do all you can for him.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
26-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #42

Thankyou Farthing and yes you are right, If Raven had never had his problems we wouldnt have been paranoid enough to be checking the boys toilets habits so much so hopefully we have caught this early enough that AJ will never have any other symptoms then what he has had.

Just rang the vets and hes had his scan, just sleepy after being sedated bless him. Collecting him at 4.45pm and will get the results of the scan then-im assuming it wasnt too bad as when they done this with Raven they ended up ringing us to say that he needed an operation to get all the crystals out of his bladder so im feeling optimistic at the moment! shall share the results with you all as soon as he is home.

Hernie and Rhino are going around very lost at the moment bless them, looks like they are as eager as us to have their big brother home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #43

That does sound optimistic, awaiting the report!

Catsey Senior

26-08-2010, 06:58 PM   #44

Very good news to share! my OH went to collect AJ so i shall try and recount everything he told me! lol they found no stones in his bladder in the scan! apparently there is sludge and this would cause the stones so he just needs to go on the diet for 3 weeks and then have his urine tested again and we will take it from there. the vet said that alot of owners would miss this stage so we caught it at the perfect time im so happy about this, i was dreading what they would find so you can imagine my relief! they also done a blood test as we were paranoid about kidney function and everything is perfect

So we just have one bald bellied cat to tempt with prescription diet food-and hes only allowed the wet type, this will be fun but completely worth it he has reluctlantly had half a pouch and is now playing with the da bird with my OH-and going crazy, so i think hes ok

Oh and one of the nurses wanted to steal our boy too she had to say goodbye to him as they were leaving and told James that she nearly just took him home at lunch time because she loves him i shall forgive her because he is rather cute he is a complete daddy's boy though-havnt had so much as a glance off him since him coming home and all that worrying i done too, dont you just love them? though James tells me he wouldnt even look at him either when they brought him out so hes obviously trying to make us feel guilty for making him spend the day at the vets

Its really nice because James said that everyone was so relieved for us-they all know what we went through with Raven and the nurse that wanted to steal AJ said she was worried about the scan because she remembered what happened with Raven and didnt want AJ to have the same. It makes things so much better when you have vets and nurses you can trust.

So we shall update again as soon as there is something to update, but thankyou all once again for the support and good luck-it helped more then you know x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #45

That's such good news JB - I do hope that the diet for 3 weeks will clear the problem. I really hope that will work. Great that AJ is obviously not feeling too put out by his day at the vet if he is playing! Cuddles to the boy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
26-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #46

What great news such a relief for you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #47

I'm so happy and relieved to hear the news! That's wonderful, well done you for spotting the problem so soon. Your vets and nurses sound like a very supportive crew. Give AJ a cuddle for me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
26-08-2010, 10:45 PM   #48

great news! i feel relieved for you and i hope he doesn't give you too much trouble with the diet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #49

Just catching up, great news for AJ, fingers crossed the diet works for him. It's a good job he has such vigalant owners.

Catsey Senior

26-08-2010, 11:24 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
great news! i feel relieved for you and i hope he doesn't give you too much trouble with the diet
Already happened! He had half a beef pouch when he got home reluctantly and tonight we tried him with a full chicken pouch and would he eat it? no! so tried him with a bit of the beef again and he refused I just knew he was going to give us trouble-and hes a greedy one too thats the funny thing We are going to try again now but i think i will be ringing the vets in frustration in the morning about what on earth we can do. they said there was another brand but they only do a chicken flavour and apparently most cats wont eat it its a shame there isnt just a type of medicine to give along with their normal food that will have the same effect.

Anyway im still over the moon with the results so i will cry in frustration over his not eating the food tomorrow Thankyou all again, have given him plenty of cuddles tonight now. his shaved belly feels lovely but it really brings back memories of when Raven had his shaved and his poor little stitches-he used to love us scratching them for him because his cone prevented it-think that was what started Raven's love of belly rubs Looks like Raven is very busy at the moment being his brother's Guardian Angel, i should have known not to worry with my boy watching over AJ.