Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #21

Re: AJ has blood in his urine :-(

Oh good to hear there was no blood in the urine!! Hope he'll eat the vegan cheese; I would have also suggested putting it in a tiny piece of ham as I had forgotten or maybe didn't know you were vegan.

Looking forward to pics, chin tickle to AJ~

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-08-2010, 11:23 PM   #22

I had a little bet with myself that they'd get an early present! I am so glad at least one day without blood in his urine, let's hope that the infection has cleared. Looking forward to the pics!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
20-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #23

Another little update to say that there has still been no blood in AJs urine since i last posted! I am at the vets with one of the guinea pigs on monday so i shall be bringing a sample along then and fingers crossed it is all clear

Catsey Veteran

20-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #24

Good news - fingers crossed here too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #25

And here also .........

Catsey Senior

20-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #26

Thankyou both! have to admit i wont stop worrying until hes had his urine tested again but it is such a relief to see him going and NOT see blood in his pee! shall update here as soon as im back from the vets with the results on monday!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
20-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #27

More crossed fingers here - good luck

Catsey Senior

23-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #28

The update i promised! We got a urine sample from AJ last night just incase we couldnt get one this morning before going to the vets. unfortunately last nights sample was really really dark in colour and had what looked like a blood clot in it we stuck that in the fridge but this morning we did manage to get another one(we were told the fresher the better!) and this morning his urine was completely normal and healthy looking!

So we decided to bring along both samples to show just how different they are and the vet was completely puzzled. He had a look under the light at last nights sample and said that it had alot of debris in and definately didnt look right so they are sending it off to the lab today for a culture. He said that if we had just brought this mornings sample in he would have took one look at it and said he was healthy! So im really really glad that we got that last night and brought both in.

We need to ring tomorrow lunch time to see if the results are back but the recpetionist said it can sometimes take longer when doing cultures so I shall let you know if we get any results tomorrow.

AJ is still acting perfectly normal, its all so strange! how can he be having such worrying urine one minute and then completely healthy looking the next? Please keep fingers crossed still until the results come back. Id really hoped to be coming on today to update that he was problem and infection free. Im just trying not to worry too much still because AJ is still himself, it is certainly nothing like when Raven had his problems.

More waiting now!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #29

Fingers crossed that everything is ok. How strange and what a good job you got a sample last night, at least nothing has been missed.

Catsey Veteran

23-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #30

Yes, I agree - what a good thing that you took both samples along. At least the vet has a complete picture. I am glad AJ is acting normally and hope that continues.

((((HUGS)))) and cuddles all round I think. I will ask The Great Cat to look after AJ. (Kizzy and I usually have a chat in the evenings and we do a roll call of Catsey cats that need assistance!)