Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
12-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #11

Re: AJ has blood in his urine :-(

Hope the antibiotics clear it up.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
12-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #12

Thankyou all very much for the messages

AJ really does seem fine so im hoping that as we have caught it so early it will be gone before we know it. Its lucky in a way that we are so paranoid now when it comes to the kitties toilet habits because of what happened to Raven, if they are in the tray when we are close by it is rare that we dont wait until they are finished going and check what they have done to make sure all is well on this occasion lets hope it has paid off. not sure the kitties appreciate having an audience while doing their business, maybe thats why Hernie and Rhino always follow me into the toilet now? It doesnt matter if they are sleeping or playing, if they see or hear me heading to the bathroom 9 times out of 10 they are in there before i am Strange because that was one of the things Raven always did, he was always my little bathroom buddy charging ahead of me and waiting by the door for me to open it so he could run in, the whole time doing his little war cry and none of the others were ever interested-guess its more proof of Raven still living on in these guys

Oops im waffling on a bit now and getting completely off subject I could talk about my guys all day long, especially Raven

I do promise to post photos, i havnt showed off my boys for a while now so its long overdue!

Thanks again everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-08-2010, 11:51 PM   #13

Oh, you're not alone or paranoid about checking out the litter tray! Ever since Leia had cystitis I immediately go look if I've seen it. So far, knock wood, no problems.

Catsey Senior

17-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #14

Just wanted to give a quick update about AJ. Unfortunately he still has blood in his urine I rang the vet this morning to ask if this is normal as i was hoping that by now the anti bs would be working. I was told that as he isnt having any other symptoms(ie straining, increased urination etc) that we should continue with the course and get the sample when the course in finished as we were originally told. I really am hoping the blood has cleared up by that point-he will finish his course on thursday night.

i finally figured out a way to get him to take his tablet without having to shove it down his throat i have been using a natures menu treat and squishing it around the tablet and he takes it straight away! however, we only have two of those treats left so shall have to see what i can get tomorrow for him so we dont have to resort to forcing it on him again!

On a good point all his birthday presents turned up today! along with my brand new camcorder to capture the kitties on so i should hopefully get some good videos of the boys to put up for you all, along with some photos Now i just have to try not to give them their presents until thursday!

Catsey Senior

17-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh, you're not alone or paranoid about checking out the litter tray! Ever since Leia had cystitis I immediately go look if I've seen it. So far, knock wood, no problems.
Its terrible worrying all the time like that isnt it? though sometimes it pays off, as im hoping it will with AJ! Hope Leia continues to be problem free

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #16

I'd rush out and get some more of those Natures Menu treats JB! What an excellent way of getting AJ to take his medicine without any further stress. Sorry to hear that he still has blood in his urine. Fingers crossed that it will clear by the end of the course.

I am really looking forward to those photos and the video. Good luck with the video btw.

Catsey Senior

17-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #17

Thankyou Angie, and yes i shall be looking high and low for those treats tomorrow! I just hope we can get some because this pack was ordered online and i dont recall seeing them anywhere locally Im sure i shall find a substitute if we cant find them! We did try crushing it down and putting it in his usual wet food but he knew straight away and wouldnt touch it, clever boy and here was me thinking that AJ will eat anything regardless of whats in it

Im very much looking forward to trying out the camcorder too-its charging at the moment but guess who will be my first test subjects?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #18

Will he eat cheese? You could squish it up in some to see if that would work while you hunt for the treats.

Looking forward to pics!!

Catsey Senior

17-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Will he eat cheese? You could squish it up in some to see if that would work while you hunt for the treats.

Looking forward to pics!!
Ooh good idea, they dont get cheese because of us being vegan but i do seem to recall them liking it when we did! they get the odd bit of vegan cheese and they always like that too so definately worth a try-thanks! We also got those cheese rollies treats from zooplus a couple of months back and they loved them-keep meaning to order a jar of them

Catsey Senior

18-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #20

Another little update to say that we have checked AJ's urine twice today after him going and neither time has there been blood in it lets hope that means the infection has finally gone! Im about to go and give him his tablet in some vegan cheese, fingers crossed he accepts it because i couldnt get any suitable treats to squish the tablets in to today! atleast he only has tonights dose and tomorrow left!

Shall update again once his urine has been checked and let you know what the results are.

Hopefully I'll be posting some nice videos and photos tomorrow though-couldnt resist giving them one of the new toys yesterday so already have footage of that Cant help spoiling them!