Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #41

Re: Amputation of hind leg :(

Abby - whatever happens, we won't judge you. It's an almost impossible call and you have support here no matter what.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: George - Black DSH w/ red & brown
22-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #42

Firstly, I want to thank you all again for being amazing people and being there for me today!!

My vet, Liz, has just called and George's op was successful and they have sent his other infected toe and lymph node away for checks.

He apparently has come round already and is cleaning himself happily

They're gonna keep him over night just so if he needs any morphine they can give it to him without us worrying, but she said just cause he seems amazingly well already I should call back at 6.30 and see how he's doing & see how liz feels about him coming home.

Id prefer him to stay there so I know hes not in pain and pick him up tomorrow but then again I just wanna give him big cuddles!

Im off to my brothers tonight for a meal so if I can get on here before I go to bed to let you know the 6.30 update I will do or Ill let you all know in the morning

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #43

Sounding good! Thanks so much for the update; lookforward to the next one.

Catsey Junior

22-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookyandjo
Abby I was in the EXACT same circumstances as you exactly 1 year ago... Do what YOU feel is best...don't have any regrets... I lost my soul cat TinkyWinky and I miss him so much it still hurts....BUT... I know I gave home the best chance to get well..Tinky had haemangiosarcoma and we amputated his right hind leg
Im so sorry to hear that!!
Id miss George so much too
Was that something to do with his blood? Just a guess in the dark as the problem starts with haema.
I think I would regret things more if I hadnt given George a good go at his life.

Thank you for posting...its made me feel better about my decision. Even though it didnt turn out for the best with TinkyWinky Im sure he is greatful that you had given him that one more chance!!! (((((hugs)))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
22-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #45

That sounds reaaly promising Abby So pleased to hear he is doing so well. I'd be inclined to leve him overnight too, but I can imagine your excitement at having him home lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
22-03-2010, 07:23 PM   #46

Glad to hear his op went well. I think no matter how this turns out you will be glad you gave him the chance.

You must so be looking forward to getting him home.

Catsey Veteran

22-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby
Im so sorry to hear that!!
Id miss George so much too
Was that something to do with his blood? Just a guess in the dark as the problem starts with haema.
I think I would regret things more if I hadnt given George a good go at his life.

Thank you for posting...its made me feel better about my decision. Even though it didnt turn out for the best with TinkyWinky Im sure he is greatful that you had given him that one more chance!!! (((((hugs)))))
I didn't know either, had to look it up:

Haemangiosarcoma
a rare malignant neoplasm characterised by rapidly proliferating, extensively infiltrating, anaplastic cells derived from blood vessels and lining irregular blood-filled or lumpy spaces.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
22-03-2010, 09:11 PM   #48

Just caught up with this thread

Glad to read George is doing a lot better now

Catsey Junior

22-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #49

Oh I cant wait to get him home

6.30 update - hes staying over night & doing well, plus hes eaten some food...got to ring the vet at 10.30 in the morn to see how hes progressing and then she will let us know what time we can pick him up

Catsey Veteran

22-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #50

Good news, Abby! Glad to hear he's eaten, that's a good sign! The house feels empty without him, doesn't it? Hurry tomorrow and the homecoming......