Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Is owned by Persians
11-02-2005, 12:23 AM   #41

Re: Any news.....?

Shes still a way to go.She cant absorde her food at the moment so everything goes through.Were waiting on test results as she went to Bristol vetinary school.It could be her Pancras?till results are through its a waiting game and with the horrable week i have had im praying she will be fine.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-02-2005, 10:11 AM   #42

I have been wondering about her Sam but after your trauma of the last week I haven't liked to ask.
I'm still thinking about her (and Bugs!) and hope they can come up with a cure for her.
{{{{{hugs}}}}

Catsey Veteran

11-02-2005, 11:27 AM   #43

Thinking of you Sam, hope she will be ok.

Almost a Veteran Member

15-02-2005, 10:58 PM   #44

Well dreaded results have come in.It is her Pancreas an inbalence which is why food goes straight through.She has had an injection on Friday gone to try and balence her out.However there may be damage which could be very serious as this has been going on since christmas.She may have to go onto a prescription diet as last resort and if this doesnt work then its not looking very good for her or Bug.This is the doom and gloom told by my vets but as is normal in my house things are never what they seem.Ted is eating and horay she will eat chicken breast with wiskers kitten mixed in.Since sat her motions have been normal which i can tell you is just heaven.She was on 4x bum washes a day.She has to be very carefully monitored weighing her and food and a monthly blood test for now untill things settle.She has another trip to Bristol in 4 weeks and we take it from there.This all started from her catching my flu,boy do i feel guilty

Catsey Veteran

15-02-2005, 11:05 PM   #45

Oh Sam you poor poor thing, I really hope that things work out for you. We will all be thinking of you.

Fingers crossed x

Global Moderator

15-02-2005, 11:07 PM   #46

Awww sorry to hear about Ted's results, the poor little angel is going through a lot isn't she. You seem the type of person who will take anything that's thrown at her and I know you're strong enough to fight this with her.

It's nice to hear she is eating a lot better - and her little botty problem has improved!

I didn't realise cats could catch our flu

We're all keeping our fingers crossed for her Sam - and for Bugs.
xx

Almost a Veteran Member

15-02-2005, 11:16 PM   #47

Shes actually looking much better ,the best she has been in a long time.She has also gained since sat 11oz which is really good.The fact that she has improved so much in a short time has to be a good sign,well thats how im looking at it.I will never give up unless she starts to suffer then its a different matter.She has always been reasonably happly,just looks so thin and im trying my best for Bug as the 2 are so close.I dont know how Bug wouls cope without her sister.
They can catch most things we get and dont let any vet tell you different.We have proved this so many times(thats how i lost Meg)

Global Moderator

15-02-2005, 11:44 PM   #48

I really do hope it's a good sign that things are looking better these past few days, she's been through so much. I expect Bug wonders what's going on all this time {{{{hugs for Bugs}}}}

Catsey Veteran

16-02-2005, 10:20 AM   #49

She seems like such a little fighter! Bless her.

Almost a Veteran Member

28-02-2005, 11:27 PM   #50

Ted went to my vets today and they have cancelled the appointment at Bristol.Thankfully things are looking really good.Shes eating well and putting on weight.Shes back to being the grumpy old cat that we know ,love and have missed so much.Shes still on every other week to my vets for blood test and check but they reckon another 2 and she can go every 3 months.That will be so much better.Just got to wait for the vet bills to come in,not looking forward to them(worth every penny)