Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH
Stephan is Male
04-02-2009, 10:39 PM   #141

Re: Quiz - Wed 4 Feb 09

you ok for next week?

Nope. I just get lucky and hosting it gives me a lot of stress to be honest. I`m far more comfortable just being silly.

I will host again but I`ve done it a lot recently

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
04-02-2009, 10:44 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Thanks for a great quiz, CM; some really excellent questions! Do you use Google for your search engine? I never seem to find sites with as good questions as the ones you come up with!

Congrats, Steph!

Got out my deck of cards, and all Kings have moustaches; but this isn't the Bicycle deck that's the most common. So perhaps smaller manufatcurers use their own illustrators.
I do a variety of google, Nat geographic mag. things I remember as being 'interesting', and I have an old childrens encyclopedia which is where I tend to find the animal 'did you know' things from.

Did wonder about the deck of cards thing but suppose that's how it goes. Problem is it is hard to check some of these things unless you spend ages researching.

Just got a call from OH's daughter. Stuck at bottom of hill in her car so he's off to try and 'rescue' her. It has got v cold and icey here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
I do a variety of google, Nat geographic mag. things I remember as being 'interesting', and I have an old childrens encyclopedia which is where I tend to find the animal 'did you know' things from.

Did wonder about the deck of cards thing but suppose that's how it goes. Problem is it is hard to check some of these things unless you spend ages researching.

Just got a call from OH's daughter. Stuck at bottom of hill in her car so he's off to try and 'rescue' her. It has got v cold and icey here.
Oh, I know what you mean; happened to me. One of the questions I'd taken from a site was out of date; was slightly embarrassed; but hey, that happens! As you say, can't research every answer.

I've gotten some good ones from BBC's Knowledge magazine, also Natural History magazine and Discover.

Hope your OH rescues his daughter; I am so tired of ice, snow and cold weather; roll on Spring! How are the amaryllis coming along, or has Ms Kinsi wreaked more havoc, bless her naughty little paws? I have one more yet to bloom, then that's the end. No sign of snowdrops here, nor any more hellebore buds.

Thanks again for a fun quiz!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
04-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh, I know what you mean; happened to me. One of the questions I'd taken from a site was out of date; was slightly embarrassed; but hey, that happens! As you say, can't research every answer.

I've gotten some good ones from BBC's Knowledge magazine, also Natural History magazine and Discover.

Hope your OH rescues his daughter; I am so tired of ice, snow and cold weather; roll on Spring! How are the amaryllis coming along, or has Ms Kinsi wreaked more havoc, bless her naughty little paws? I have one more yet to bloom, then that's the end. No sign of snowdrops here, nor any more hellebore buds.

Thanks again for a fun quiz!
Dau now home - cold but safe.

Amaryllis on top of cabinet out of madams reach. Picotee about 8" high so coming along.

Snowdrops up with tiny buds so waiting for flowers. Never tried hellebores