Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Saturday

Good morning everyone.

Dull and damp here with heavy rain forecast by lunch time.......looks like it will cover practically the whole country too..

Have to venture out to the shops later, cook lunch before taking my son to the station.

Enjoy your day, hope the forthcoming storms won't be too bad in your area...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-08-2008, 09:38 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Saturday

Morning Mags! Morning all!

Yes grey and overcast here too and quite windy. No rain yet.

Housework/laundry/transcription for me today and a quick trip to the farm shop for some veg. Have a great day everyone, try and keep dry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
09-08-2008, 10:06 AM   #3

Being at home now, I've realised how grubby the loose covers on the sofa etc. are again, so I've started the mammoth task of washing them all which seems to take forever. How is it that I get all these muddy little paddy paw-prints on the (cream-coloured) covers when I have throws over them?

It's a bit grey and cool here today, more of the same really. Hope everyone finds something interesting to do instead of watching non-stop Olympics on the TV.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
09-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #4

Well the weatherman didn't disappont today raining all the time, he warned us though.
Excuse to watch the Olympics, didn't see the Opening Ceremony as I was working but I believe it was quite spectacular
Having a lazy day coz I'm working night shift.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-08-2008, 11:26 AM   #5

Well I am up and gong have tided and cleaned the living room and hall stairs from floor to ceiling its my Sat job on my weekends off (every other weekend)...skirting boards, light fittings, tops of curtain poles windows the lot sofa's cleaned with that leather stuff all furniture moved and the stairs vacumed. That way I am certain that its okay during the week when it gets it quick flicks - while I am at work.
Sundays see the bedrooms done to the same and the bathroom with the kitchen on my Tuesdays off. Its a routine seems to work for me.
Who else has a cleaning routine so to speak while at work, or not at work.

But its raining here pouring down pretty much. May venture out to the shops but don't really need to, took Sal out this morning and got soaked she is asleep in her bed after demolishing her Sat morning carrot.......

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH
09-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #6

Horrid rain here aswell, Jack & Lily are not impressed and neither are the buns.

I find this weather really demotivating an d although I have plenty to do I just can't get started Or maybe that's just a good excuse to be lazy

Tomorrow is meant to be nicer up here in Cheshire so fingers crossed as I'd like to do some gardening.

Hope you all have a good Saturday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #7

Rain arrived about an hour ago. It's that light rain that really wets you right through! Quite dark too, need to put the light on to see my keyboard. Good thing I can touch type.

Looking forward to some good puddles - I can try out my birthday wellie boots!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #8

Chucking it down here.
Got a leaky boiler, it wasnt leaking until the home care guy came to inspect it He'll be back Monday morning to fix it
Cats are fine, Graham has gone fishing for the day, leaving me to get the shopping in etc. Oh well nothing better to do on such a miserable day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
09-08-2008, 12:52 PM   #9

Pouring down here too meant to be going out to a bbq this afternoon too,looks like its going to turn into a house party instead! Hope it stops soon,we are going into town tonight after the bbq,wont be nice if its still raining!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #10

It's pouring here today, cold, horrible hard rain. I took Dominik to see Wall.e this morning; it was one of the best films I've seen in ages; funny, emotional, intuitive and with a powerful message; beautifully executed visually too. We bumped into one of his little school chums too which was nice for him. He was glued to the screen throughout

We then went for lunch and are now back home with the boys being a bit restless. Have to find something for them to do!!

Cleaning?? My routine involves paying cleaners to sort it out for me once every two weeks plus some interim washing and tidying in the kitchen/bathroom by me as and when needed Honestly, I think I would sink without a trace if I had to do the cleaning too