Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-10-2005, 06:54 PM   #11

Re: Violent attacks grrr

We have security guards on the school buses up here now! these kinds have no disipline whatsoever, and it's normal decent kids that have to suffer....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-10-2005, 06:55 PM   #12

I expect it shook Tom up a bit didn't it PK?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
18-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #13

The school buses are a bone of contention with me. Trouble is Tom's school is the best in the area but it is a long way away. It would be two buses on public transport and he would have to change in the city centre and at this time of year with it being dark so early I would be worried about him. I can't get him there and pick him up because Em does the same hours at junior school at this end of the city and I just can't be in two places at once......

There is also a lot of bullying goes on on these buses. School is fully aware of the issues but they don't seem to address them

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
18-10-2005, 07:01 PM   #14

Thats terrible! Do the buses have cameras? Hope they caught the kids involved on camera and I hope the parents are shown the pics - and warned... if the kids do it again 'they' go to prison!

Global Moderator

18-10-2005, 07:04 PM   #15

I think they should do what Moli has said.....have security guards on the school buses. Why don't you and other parents get together and put it to the school?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
18-10-2005, 07:07 PM   #16

You can't believe the amount of times I have spoken to the school about the buses Other parents seem to just accept it as the norm They warned me about the buses before Tom went there and said there is no point in complaining to school as they never do anything

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-10-2005, 07:40 PM   #17

I would write to the press, write to MPs, to the TV and just kick up as much stink as I could. It's sad that it is down to the ordinary person to make a stand as the authorities only do something when shamed into doing so (look at what it's taken to get them to stop feeding kids processed garbage).

It the parents affected campaign en masse and make a huge noise I'm certain something will be done.

Global Moderator

18-10-2005, 09:15 PM   #18

Here, here Yola!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
18-10-2005, 09:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az
Thats terrible! Do the buses have cameras? Hope they caught the kids involved on camera and I hope the parents are shown the pics - and warned... if the kids do it again 'they' go to prison!
The bus company do lots of different schools and have hundreds of busses most of busses don't have cameras and at the time we had one without a camera but since the incident we now have a bus with cameras on but i wonder how long we get it for..?? But we need it for Friday because romour is that another school are going to do the same

Global Moderator

18-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #20

Tom, make sure your school knows about Friday then if anything happens they will be at fault for not doing anything about it.