Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #1

Wednesday

morning everyone, say here with a baby Basenji on my knee, Malaika is on the other settee chewing her nylabone.
Tom and Jerry have gone to bed.
Still waiting for the thyroid meds to kick in, wonder how long they will take, i still feel tired. The nurse led me to believe i woulf feel much better.
Have to take Malaika out soon, she won't do anything in the garden, then i'm off to a carers group, then tesco.
Looking foward to the quiz tonight, especialy as you will no doubt be with us, Eileen, it was sad without you.
Got a bottle of wine ready (for tonight, not now )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
06-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday

Good morning Shelley and all those to follow.

Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you Shelley! I got a phone call yesterday inviting me for a chat with the admin and deputy manager of the Go Outdoors in Coatbridge for the supervisor job so will see what the outcome of it is. Fingers crossed!! Its wet and miserable here so wont b e venturing outside until i have to!!!

hope you all have a good day. Should be at the quiz tonight with a wee southern comfort and lemonade

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
06-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #3

Lovely sunny day, the daffs are going over now and the tulips are opening. Dentist's this morning for a hygienist appointment which went well, a bit of staining (that'll be the strong black coffee then!) but otherwise very complimentary, nice healthy gums so no immediate danger of my teeth dropping out, which is reassuring.

I'm at work this afternoon and it's going to be a bit strange as everyone is dressing up as a bee to raise awareness of the plight of the honey bee which has greatly reduced in number these last few years. They hope to get into the Guiness Book of Records for the greatest number of people in one place dressed as bees! Apparently the Honey Monster is due to make an appearance!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #4

Hi all! Gorgeous day here - 16C (61F) - it was only 8C (46.4F) yesterday! We had a delivery of puppy equipment this morning, so not much left to get and have been to get some cat litter and multi purpose compost. More seed planting this afternoon. I have decided to sow leafy salad in trays in the greenhouse as a trial to see if I can get an earlier crop as it is still too early to plant outside.

Kizzy has I think pulled a patch of fur out on her flank and there is a raw place that looks sore. I've bathed it with a weak saline solution and will keep a close eye on it. Not sure if she's been worrying at a bite or a scratch or if she is showing signs of stress - we have had three "strange" cats in the garden of late.

Shelley - I'd give your surgery a ring and ask to speak to someone. How long have you been on your thyroid meds? I am sure you should be feeling the benefit, perhaps the dosage needs adjusting?

Pamela - good luck with the hoped for new job. I like Go Outdoors but I only know it from a customer's pov.

MrsH - I do so hope your school gets the record! I hope that the event is covered on TV. Anything that highlights the problems of the honeybee must be worthwhile.

See you all, and hopefully Eileen too, at the quiz this evening!

Catsey Veteran

06-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #5

back in the house briefly before taking the dogs out, it is a beautiful sunny day.
The carers meeting was interesting, i haven't been able to attend for the last few years due to work but have been kept in touch via email. Today i discovered that the day centre where my son goes is closing for refurbishment in the summer fo a year, clients will be relocated (i think) but the places at the centre will be cut. Just hope Chris doesn't lose his service.
Tesco shop went ok, we have lots of lovely food in the house now.
Angie, i hope Kizzy's bald patch heals quickly, poor girl.
Puppy stuff, how exciting .
MrsH , glad your appointment went well
Pamela, good luck with the interview

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #6

Hi people! Sunny and back to below normal temps: 10 C (48 F). I must have been tireder than I thought; slept till almost 10 am this morning! Maybe a reaction to all the recent stress and upheaval? Anyhow, feel fine now and looking forward to the quiz, I did miss it very much while in hospital. I know Leia is still at Carolyn''s but I keep finding myself looking for her ..... a catless house feels strange!!

Hellebores are stunning this year; will try for a pic.

Oh poor Kizzy! A gentle cuddle from me, please. Shelley, isn't the little one a wee bit big to be a lap puppy? Pamela, hope the interview goes well! MrsH, hope your school wins!

Catsey Veteran

06-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #7

Eileen, Kwame is still quite small, about the size of a small cat so fits nicely on our knees at the moment, mind you it gets a bit crowded when Malaika joins him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
06-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #8

Hi all...

Busy day at the office today, was so glad to get home.

Not sure if will make it to the quiz or not tonight - have a few things to do which could probably do with all my attention... Depends when I get done!

Right' now I'm relaxing and Cloud is in my room - enjoying the early evening sunlight we seem to have in there.

Thoughts with you all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #9

What a coincidence! I was out in the greenhouse this afternoon and our neighbours at the end of our garden had some of their young family over ..... with a Mini Schnauzer! 6 months old girl called Pumpkin. Had a good chat about her over the fence. Showed them photo of our puppy!!!

Catsey Veteran

06-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #10

and i saw two in our village as we were going to the river in the car, then we saw another one by the river, he belongs to the Mayor