Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #1

Daily Thread - Monday

Goodness - we are already missing Mags aren't we? Nearly mid-day.......

Well, the sky is blue here today but it is very windy and quite cool.

Predictably, the plasterer did not appear on Saturday but will now be coming tomorrow morning and our decorator can't now start until Wednesday - so three days behind on THE PLAN. Mice and men spring to mind...........

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #2

Re: Daily Thread - Monday

It's horrible here. Cold, wet and miserable. I have Dominik in the office with me so we've set him up with a PC and he's Dr Who-ing for all he's worth

Not much else happening . . . trying to track down a reliable electrician but no b(bleep)er is anwering his email. I do wish they wouldn't publish email addresses if they don't check them!!! Grrrr.

Edit to say, I got one of those special pillows that Mags mentioned. Set me back 70 notes, but I had a really good night's sleep (as did Myshka who spent the whole night on my pillow/my head)!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #3

Where is everyone? Another sunny lovely day and finally warming up to August norms: 26C now and will make 33C by the afternoon! Leia and I are heat lovers, so we're happy! And...we may get some needed rain by the end of the week, depending on the direction Hurricane Fay takes. We will if it comes up the coast, won't if it veers further out to sea. Fingers crossed .......

Yola: great news about the pillow! I got one and swear by it ...no more stiff neck and get a good night's sleep!

Have a nice day.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
18-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #4

Hi all!
Spent this morning with my pet-hate - insurance claim forms, but I always feel better once they're done.
This afternoon was my afternoon off so I walked into town to do the banking/post office run for the practice then got cellophane and ribbon to finish off my nappy cake.
Imogen has discovered the fish tank and has spent a few hours this afternoon trying to workout how to extract the poor fish They don't seem bothered by all the attention though.
Hope everyone's had a good day.
Lx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-08-2008, 07:03 PM   #5

It's not been a good day weather-wise and it's raining again right now. Thank goodness for the tumble dryer. I know it uses a lot of electricity but it's the only answer on days lke this! The cats have spent the whole day indoors in their beds, warm and dry.

Sleep deprivation is a big problem at the moment, our cute little puppy is unsettled at night and lets us know it! He'll settle down soon, I'm sure, just hope the neighbours don't complain first!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
18-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #6

been raining here all day, off work on hols just now trying to convert the garden into something interesting. Grass now 4" long and too wet to mow. Spending time drawing in my little ideas book and try to remind myself I am not superhuman. I will get it done eventually and there's always tomorrow.