Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
29-04-2007, 10:17 PM   #11

Re: Show brag - Bliss & Mildred

Huge congratulations Fran!! Bet you had a fab time! You'll have to come and do the Telford show in January next year ao I get to see both your girls lol! Well done (and lovely pics)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
29-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #12

All I can say is well done You did Catsey proud

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Ragdoll, BSH & Maine Coons
29-04-2007, 11:08 PM   #13

Well done Bliss and Mildred and congratulations to you too Fran.
Shame we won't be seeing you next weekend at Manchester.

Sarah
x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
30-04-2007, 06:39 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
To be honest with the cats it depends on the individual shows. At the Bedford, Mildred's side classes where quite big. One of the shows we entered with Bliss, the side classes had 12 entries in, other shows there have only been four or five, it's the luck of the draw really but it's a nice feeling when your cat does well in a large class Withholding of first place, CC's and BOB's is quite common in the cat fancy so even if you are the only cat in the class you have no guarantees of a win

Mildred is still in kitten classes which are always popular. I think this will be Mildred's last show now as a kitten and she'll not go out again now until she is an adult. Obviously I want to get Bliss out to get her final CC..
The side classes would be like variety classes in dogs then? You get HUGE entries in those in dogs, I remember one A V puppy Terrier and Hound having over 70 entries in it!! that was at Birmingham champ show a couple years back. Thing is with these classes is they mean nothing as far as gaining the dogs (or cat I ssume) title, but yes I agree its nice to get placed in a big entry like that.

Do they have "finals" like in dogs at the end of the year? Like "pup of the year" or "junior stakes winner" etc?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-04-2007, 08:05 AM   #15

Congratulations girls!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
30-04-2007, 08:17 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Do they have "finals" like in dogs at the end of the year? Like "pup of the year" or "junior stakes winner" etc?

Obviously the main cat event is the Supreme. They don't have end of year 'finals' as such although Royal Canin run classes throughout the year which at the end of the year lead to various titles including one for best household pet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
30-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #17

congratulations!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
30-04-2007, 01:24 PM   #18

Well done Fran, Bliss and Mildred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was lovely to meet you all (and Martin too) at the weekend and for you to meet my little terrors too!!!!

A very successful weekend.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
30-04-2007, 01:26 PM   #19

Well done to Both girls.... You must be so proud of them xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
10-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #20

Well done Bliss and Mildred.

You are right dawn the dog classes are much bigger but when I was showing I never came across a withheld CC or Res CC. In the cat world this happens regularly and therefore it doesn't matter how many are in the class you can still come away with out it, even if you are the only one. There is a best cat, best kitten, best neuter and best breeder held throughout the year by Royal Canin. You pick up points throughout the year just like the dogs. I do find the cat showing much fairer as you are not with the cat while it is being judged. I felt and was told by many long term breeders that it all depends who is on the end of the lead for a great majority of the judges and not the dog. Obviosly some cats get well known but on the whole I think it is fairer.