Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Sunday

Morning everyone!

Back to it again....... dark, dismal and wet.. The only good thing about it is the fact that it's still extremely mild. We must count ourselves lucky though that we don't have to encounter anything like Hurricane Gustav in the States, how frightening that must be to have that threatening you...

Usual day here, just general house tasks. I may sort out all my old videos ready for the Charity shop......someone may welcome them.

Have a good day.......remember it's September tomorrow!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
31-08-2008, 09:54 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Sunday

Hi Gals! I've been a bit of a stranger lately coz of work shifts and then busy Friday and Saturday.
Thanks for the heads up on tomorrow Mags; 1st September - worming day for my furkids.
Yesterday was glorious wasn't it? Pity I spent a lot of it in the car but we had a lovely journey down to your neck of the woods Mags. Went to visit my mam's cousin in Corfe on the Isle of Purbeck, stunning place ! Had to take some family bits and pieces down to her. The sat nav sent us the wrong way but it was an adventure
Got stuck in a jam of traffic going to the Dorset steam fair in Blandford. so the journey was longer than intended.

Weather is dismal here today, had so many plans too. Never mind. Will listen to the radio as I do my cleaning and stuff.
Have a lovely Sunday everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
31-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #3

Morning all. Off to look at a house that is for sale, also we are hoping to book a holiday for a weeks time.

Nothing else planned here today.

Have a good day everybody.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
31-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #4

What a wet start to the day here, not good when you're toilet-training a pup! He's actually very good about going where we want him to (concrete area by the side of garage, easy to scrub down ) but you have to stay with him to show your approval, now where's my brolly?

We've had puppy for just over 2 weeks now and the cats have got bold enough to look around the edge of the door when he's sleeping, but they still think he's very odd.

We have no particular plans for the day, when you've got a new furry friend normal life seems to be put on hold for a while doesn't it? I hope the weather doesn't spoil the day for those of you who have trips planned.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #5

Sounds like your pup is keeping you very busy in your retirement MrsH...

A question for you ......... who is the most demanding - a pupil or a puppy??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
31-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #6

Wet here too, dog has just woken up ( I swear she must have such a huge bladder, especially considering she takes diuretics!) so we're off out for a soggy walk. Imogen looks suitably smug that she can stay warm and comfy on the sofa
Nothing planned for today, mum and rest of the family have headed for the coast today but I didn't want to spread my lurgy so I'll have to wait til next year!
Have a good afternoon everyone
Lx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
31-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #7

Hi All

Wet again, so indoor stuff today. Need to catch up on ironing and then have a good book to read. Nothing much else doing.

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #8

Glorious late Summer day here, can't complain about the weather; wish I could send it over to you all. But everyone is so worried about Hurricane Gustav; looks as if poor New Orleans will be hit again, and this is a worse storm ...

Just the usual routine today, to the market, got a lovely crab cake and fresh spinach for dinner. But the sweet cherries that I've been pigging out on for weeks are gone...season over..

Hope the weather improves for you .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #9

Woke up this morning thinking something outside was on fire, but it turns out that there was a blanket of fog Went to the gym and then took Dominik for his riding lesson - Sebi, true to form played up a treat and I had to strap him back into the car as he was disturbing everyone's lessons. It's not pouring big heavy plops of rain and it's really chilled down. Will shortly be bathing Sebi and then it's my favourite time of day . . . his bedtime! It's the only time when he's sweet and cuddly

I'm ever so worried as I heard 10 solid days of rain was forecast; I have Dominik's birthday party next Saturday . . . and it's outside!!! Fingers crossed please

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #10

Been to work now home have put the washing in walked Sal in the drizzle rather than later in the rain.....hope everyone has had a god day.

Eileen , its a shame about Gustav...saw the news this morning and some poor lady said shed only been back in her property a month now out again.

Yola Sounds like the riding lessons are going well training for the 2020 Olympics...........

Emma are you moving if so remember to take your fence panels with you

Mrs H Sounds like feline/canine relations are coming along steadily.

PP Blandford is where H is from was it good....the fair?

Everyone have a good evening.