Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
03-07-2022, 06:23 AM   #1

Sunny Sunday.

Hi ladies,
Sunday afternoon here after a nice sunny day, but the sun has gone now and it's getting cold. Time to turn on the heat pump soon, I think.I haven't been out anywhere over the last couple of days apart from going to the doctor just to get some more medication. I had to see a locum as my own doctor is sick with covid and he was really unfriendly. I've still heard nothing about my eyes and I didn't like to ask that doctor if they had received a letter from the hospital yet. He was just in a rush to give me a script and show me the door. I guess he was busy and I wasn't sick or anything, but he certainly didn't have a nice manner at all. Then that same afternoon, Dickens sunk a tooth into my finger again, while I was giving him a pill and now it's throbbing and swollen. Hopefully it will come right on its own.

It was my sister's birthday yesterday and my cousin called round to her house to drop in a gift. I live on the same street as my sister but my cousin didn't call in to talk to me, so I guess she's still angry. I think I'll ring her tomorrow and apologise once again and then the ball's in her court. I'm not sure if she'll even pick up the phone anyway when she knows it's me, but I'll give it a try. You're right Shelley - life is too short for these petty rows.

Dickens, the biter, is doing OK and all other cats are well. They were outside last night and Dick nearly caught a wee fantail that flew down onto the grass near him. Fantails are very daring and often fly into your house. None of my cats have ever caught a bird and that's why we only take them out at night when the birds aren't around, but this wee fantail must have got his wires crossed about the time of day.

PAMELA,I hope you manage to get your friend into your work team It's always nice to work with those you know. I'm sorry your sister isn't talking to you at the moment. I'm sure she'll come round eventually. I only hope my cousin does as well, but I'm not sure that she will. Fancy that seagull stealing Harris' mouse from your garden. Poor Harris, who went to so much trouble to catch it and bring it inside just for you. I bet you're looking forward to the 14th and your team night in Bristol. That green boiler suit sounds great. AND I hope Steven's job goes well this week and his boss has kept his word.To answer your question about what my cats do when outside, they just sit there like great white furry blobs usually, because it's cold when I take them out. Sometimes if a bird flies overhead, they'll look up, but it's normally dusk when they are out and the birds have nested for the night.My cats don't really like the cold either, so they don't stay out very long - they just eat a bit of grass and have a sniff around in the bushes and then run inside again.

SHELLEY,I'm sorry you weren't able to do your walk last weekend - I know you were looking forward to it - but perhaps it was for the best. I hope your foot comes right for you soon. At least your vintage fair was successful anyway, and congratulations for selling lots. What did you wear in keeping with the 70's theme ? Also, how did the pups get on at the vet visit ? I do hope it went well and everything is now sorted. AND yes, I will PM you with my email address as I, too, would hate to lose contact with you and Pamela. I do so hope that nothing happens to Catsey though.

Going to take the cats out now. and then try and find something for tea that's quick and easy.

Have a great Sunday Pamela and Shelley. Let's hope the sun shines for you both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-07-2022, 08:40 AM   #2

Re: Sunny Sunday.

Morning Dinky, you beat me to it!! i had just come on to start a daily!

Your doctor doesnt sound very nice as all. I do hope you can get your own doctor from now on again. SOrry to hear your cousin still isnt speaking to you. My sister is ok now, she is very temperamental at times but she always has been. I hope your finger is ok and it heals for you!! Naughty Dickens!! Imagine him nearly catching the fantail!! poor wee bird! Mia caught a pidgeon when she was out with Steven, she caught it by its tail so pulled quite a few feathers out but it managed to fly away! The seagulls havent been in the garden the last couple of days that i have seen so hopefully they will stay away.

Shelley, glad your fair went well!! It is always nice when you do well at them!! I have 2 stalls coming up in the same weekend soon so i really need to start getting snuffle mats made!! How is your foot doing?

I went to the Rocky Horror Picture show with my dad last night. It was his fathers day present from my sister and i and i also bought him dinner when we were out. Was a great night. My boiler suit arrived yesterday and it looks great!! I did take a photo but you know what Catsey is like for photos!!

No idea what the plan is for today except trying to get the cat litter the cats like. It is the only thing i struggle to get and usually end up having to drive to a few shops to try find it.

Have a lovely day ladies