Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
28-06-2022, 06:15 AM   #1

Rainy, cold Tuesday.

Good morning ladies,
It's nearly 5pm here and it's been raining heavily all day. Cats are sitting on all the lounge chairs and the heat pump has been going all day. I've gotta keep the kitties warm. !!! Not looking forward to my power bill though.

Still no word from my cousin ,which is really upsetting. I'm like you, Pamela - I hate rows and usually just end up crying.I've been crying on and off all day ,whenever I think about it and then I start crying about Willow and it just becomes a vicious circle. It's my cousin's birthday next month as well, and we were going out for a nice meal together. I'll wait a few more days and then I'll try ringing her again but I doubt she'll answer when she checks the number. Honestly, I feel like throwing all her furniture out on the front lawn ....................of course I wouldn't do it, but sometimes I get really angry. !!!

Anyway, such is life. and I hope this will all blow over. Right, I've had my rant now. Still no cat food available and this morning, I was forced to buy several cans of dog food. .I doubt if my cats will eat it. Luckily I've still got half a bag of RC cat biscuits, but no Temptations at all and they're not available in either island.

We had a big increase in new Covid cases in NZ today and Christchurch has high numbers. Mask wearing is still mandatory but many people are flouting the rules and refusing to wear them. AND there just seems to be such an increase in violence here lately. Every night there are stabbings in Auckland and here in Christchurch. Many appear to be gang related. It's certainly not safe to be walking the streets alone at night any more.

PAMELA, I hope you had a great time on Sunday with your friend on the bikes and at the cafe. I hope the weather was decent for you both. You'll be pleased that Steven is feeling a lot better now too.. I'm glad he made the decision about his job and that the boss is changing things around to suit him better. I'm sure it will all work out well for him.You'll be looking forward to your new washing machine arriving today too. It's always great to get something new. I hope it's a good one. Appliances tend to break down at the worst possible times - at least they do in my house. You were lucky you had the use of your mother- in -laws machine while she was away.

SHELLEY I hope that you enjoyed your long walk on Saturday and that your foot wasn't too painful for you.AND the fete on Sunday. Did you get some good bargains ? I hope so. I've been thinking about your pups ears . Not sure if they have been to the vet yet, but I hope they are both OK and Malaika has nothing serious wrong. I'm sure, too, that if Kwame is partially deaf, he will adapt well, just as Barney has.

Well I'm off now to take the cats out. As it's still raining, they probably won't stay out there too long, but I like to give them the chance to get a bit of air and a sniff around.

Have a fantastic Tuesday, Pamela and Shelley.