Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
25-06-2022, 05:30 AM   #1

Sunny saturday.

Good morning ladies. Saturday 4pm here and its been a lovely sunny day for a change - around 17 degrees. It's not too hot, but a great day for all the washing.I haven't been doing anything exciting over the last few days except trying to hunt down cat litter ,Temptations and other cat food online.There's now hardly anything on the supermarket shelves here and cat food especially is impossible to get. Many people are having to resort to dog food ,but my cats won't eat it. I don't know what it's like in the UK - hopefully better than here.

No results about my eye tests yer. It can take up to 6 weeks they say, which seems a long time. I've just got a feeling that my results aren't going to be good. BUT that could be because I'm feeling a bit upset at the moment. I had a row with my cousin the other day over something trivial... It was on the phone. I did apologize even though I wasn't the only one at fault, but she hung up and hasn't rung me since. I keep ringing her but she won't pick up, so I'm going to just leave it for a few days. My cousin is more like my older sister as she lived with mum and dad for several years when she started working and my sister and I shared a room with her.I hate fighting and will do anything to keep the peace, but my cousin is quite volatile - I remember she had a fight with my mum after she moved out and they never spoke for 3 years after that. I don't want this to go the same way, but I'm just not sure what to do at the moment. It worries me. Anyway, enough of that. At least my cats, including Dickens ,are all well.

PAMELA , I hope Steven has now got over his cough and is feeling much better. I wonder what he has decided about his job - whether to take the new one next week or stay with his old director ? I'm sure he'll make the right decision . I'm so glad you both enjoyed the racing at Knockhill and lucky you to get a photo with the bike racer whose progress you've been following. hope your dad had a great Fathers Day . What a great gift to give him those tickets to a show he loves. I bet he appreciated it. It's interesting that you say there are not many buses as there are no drivers. We face the same problem ,as many of our bus drivers are off with covid, and so buses just don't turn up. and people are left waiting.

SHELLEY, I hope that you enjoy your Cross Bay walk today and the weather is fine for you. I'm sorry that your foot is still sore, though. Let's hope it's OK on the walk .At least Howard's knee is improving Your poor pups with their ears. Fancy Malaika's ears turning dark inside. Hopefully they might just need a clean. AND poor Kwame who may be a bit deaf. I hope he is OK too. Hopefully your vintage fair tomorrow will be a success and you see something that takes your fancy at a bargain price. Your dad and Reuben must be having a lovely time at the van too. Hope they're getting some decent weather.

Well I'm off to make tea. - chicken tenders and rice with veges thrown in. Must check on the washing too, as it's still outside.

Have a great Saturday and Sunday and may the sun shine on you both today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
25-06-2022, 08:09 AM   #2

Re: Sunny saturday.

Good morning Dinky.

Glad to hear the cats including Dickens are doing well. Sorry to hear you are struggling to get things in the supermarket, i do hope you can pick u the food the cats like or they will not be pleased with their servant

PLease think positive about your results, im sure they will come back fine.

I do hope your cousin comes round. She sounds very much like my sister. She can be very volatile as well and i know how hard it can be to try and sort things out. Will keep my fingers crossed that she comes round soon. I am the same as you and dont like to have arguments or fall out with someone.

Steven is much better thanks. Back to normal!! He decided to stay where he is. the director has started making some changes that he promised to do for Steven to stay. Will see how it goes for the next few month.

I have just been working. Nothing exciting to be honest. Had to order a new washing machine on Wednesday as mine decided to break and it was the day Barney had had an accident during the night and he likes to put his bum against the walking jackets that hang up on the hooks in my kitchen (they are low level) so we are going to Stevens mums today to do a washing as she is away for the weekend. My new one arrives on Tuesday thankfully.

I am going out for a bike ride tomorrow with my friend which i am looking forward to. We are going to a lovely cliff side cafe near a place called Gullane. I have been before and it is lovely. Hopefully it stays dry!!

Shelley, enjoy your walk today and please take it easy on your foot if it is still sore. How is Malaika coping with being deaf? They adjust fairly quickly, i think it is us who struggle to deal with it. We are the same with Barney. We didnt realise he was deaf until we noticed he didnt react to a noise he normally did and got the vet to check him out. He has learned more hand signals on top of the ones he already knew.

Take care ladies, Dinky i hope you enjoyed your dinner, sounds lovely!!