Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
15-06-2022, 05:54 AM   #1

Blissful Wednesday.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley
The wanderer has finally returned...............not that I've been doing much wandering. I've had my 4 grandchildren here while Brenna and Jared have been unwell. I was hoping that Jared's mum would take them for at least part of the time, but that wasn't to be. Anyway, they left yesterday and my poor cats can now breathe again.Jared is now negative of course and he's feeling good, but poor Brenna is still testing positive. She has one of the newer variants which she thinks she picked up in Raratonga, and is still getting very bad headaches and sleeps most of the time. Can't go to work or do anything much still. Jared has been utterly devoted and is now OK to look after the children again as well as his wife. I am exhausted. You wouldn't think that 4 young children could make someone so tired !!! I just find them so incredibly noisy ..........my own kids were very quiet. My poor cats were terrified, as they're not used to noise.

All cats are doing OK, including Dickens, but cat food is in short supply here now, especially Royal Canin. I bought a huge bag of it online the other night. The Whiskas Temptations cat treats are also unavailable and my cats adore them and really miss them.I'm checking online twice a day to see if any turn up and I'll grab them straight away.There's none available in any of the supermarkets or pet stores that are still open. Dickens ear gel is working out well, although he doesn't like it. At least it's less stressful for my poor boy. He's got very furry ears and the gel gets all over the long hair and leaves it all sticky. Such problems !!!

My cousin, Mel and his wife, Bernadette from the North Island , visited on Friday and we had a nice lunch. Unfortunately young Tobia screamed all the way through it and Oren sulked behind the TV because he wanted to turn it on an Anyway, it was nice to see them, even if we didn't do much talking.

I've got to go to Burwood Hospital this Friday for my eye appointment. I'm hoping that my eyes will be OK and that I will be able to drive safely, but I know from last time, that my diabetes has caused some changes behind both eyes and I hope it hasn't got any worse. It would be lovely to drive again.

I haven't been doing much else at all, except taking the children out to feed the ducks and going to the local playground with them, trying to keep them happy. Jared sent me some food bags for different meals, but some of these meals don't appeal to children as they are too spicy, so I ended up freezing them and giving the children mince and McDonalds Happy Meals which they never have at home. I guess nanas are allowed to spoil their grandkids sometimes, eh ? Tonight, Janna and I are having one of the Food Bag meals - Asian style chicken and salad. Sounds yummy.

PAMELA, I knew you'd have a great time at Alton Towers. You're a lot braver than me, going on the roller coaster. Thank goodness you have gotten over covid OK, but I'm sorry that poor Steven is still feeling poorly. I hope that he improves quickly. Have you tried any probiotics for him ? I take a Blis probiotic every day (as does my doctor) and they target the mouth and throat area. Taste nice too. Poor wee Skye must have missed you when you were away. At least she's OK now and happy to have her mama home again.You'll be back at work now after your break, so hope you're not working too hard. Hope the christening went well last Saturday. Was it for baby Lucy ? I bet you looked lovely, and I'm sure that Steven was a proud god father. What did you get the baby as a gift ?

SHELLEY, it sounds as if you and Pamela both had a lovely time off work. That Street party in the fishing village sounds really fun Your dad will be at the van now. I hope he's taken Reuben with him and the dog is doing well. I'm glad your foot is feeling a bit better. You must have really hurt it. AND Howard's knee is a little less painful, thank goodness. Unfortunately osteoarthritis doesn't go away, but it can be controlled. I have it in both knees (due to judo) and sometimes it's very painful, and other times, not so bad.Tell him to keep up with the exercises - they do help, although it takes a while.The 8 week course I did a while back for those with osteoarthritis gave us some great exercises to strengthen the knees and also said to cut back on sugar and dairy as these can be inflammatory. I have been drinking oat milk - can't say that it's helped much so far !!!

Well ladies, it's now nearly 4 45pm and I'm going to take the cats out on the back lawn for an hour. Been a beautiful day today after severe storms over the last 2 days with a couple of small tornadoes thrown in and thunder and lightening . I think bad weather is returning tomorrow, but at least the lawn will be nice and dry for the cats tonight.

Have a fantastic Wednesday Pamela and Shelley. Hope the sun shines for you both today.