Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
05-06-2022, 09:45 AM   #1

Sunday Daily

Good morning ladies. Sunday evening here and it's been a coldish day, but at least no rain. I believe the forecast for this coming week is rain and thunderstorms. My cousin and his wife who live in Wellington ,are coming to Christchurch tomorrow for a week and I'm looking forward to seeing them again. and perhaps having a nice meal together. I haven't seen them for a few years now ,so it will be nice to catch up.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, as I've had to stay out at my daughter's house while she was in Rarotonga. Jared was meant to be looking after the children but unfortunately he ended up in hospital with covid and I got an urgent call to stay with the children. Jared is OK now, thank goodness and is home, although he's still very congested and can't sleep. Brenna had a very busy time while away (her dancing on the beach was apparently short-lived.) She saw hundreds of patients each day (her words) and worked from 8am through to 7pm every day, with no lunch break Anyway she arrived home safely the other day and has now tested positive for covid. She can't even get out of bed, and has a terrible head ache and chest pains. Depending on how she is tomorrow, I may have to take the children to my place for a few days, but I'm hoping that she'll feel a little better tomorrow. Unfortunately I had to cancel my eye appointment on Friday as i couldn't take 4 young children with me and there was no one to look after them. Hopefully the hospital will be able to reschedule me soon.

PAMELA,I'm sorry that Steven is still feeling poorly. Hopefully he's starting to feel a wee bit better today. I'm glad you seem to be on the mend now It's funny how the virus affects people in different ways. I bet you're looking forward to going to Alton Towers on Monday. I'll keep everything crossed that Steven tests negative before then. I'm sure he will. I hope you're able to get all your gear sorted out today, ,all ready for your trip, and that you get some decent weather while you're away.

SHELLEY, how lovely that you're back at the van, and having a great time.Thank goodness your back is a lot better now, but gracious me, your poor foot. I'm glad you didn't break it, but it must have been very painful to walk on. Don't overdo the walking while you're away, Shelley. I do hope Howard's knee is improving too.

Well ladies, I'm off to bed now.......and it's only 8:30pm. Really too early for me but I'm exhausted.

Have a great Sunday .

PS. Dickens ear gel has arrived and is really easy to use. So much easier than trying to get a pill down his throat.Pity it's so expensive though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-06-2022, 05:00 PM   #2

Re: Sunday Daily

Good evening Dinky,

So sorry to hear how poorly Jared has been. Glad to hear he is on the mend now. Hopefully Brenna doesnt get too poorly with Covid. They would have really appreciated you helping out with the kids. Glad to hear Dickens gel has arrived, i do hope it helps him.

I am now negative, i only seemed to have it for around 3 days until i tested negative, did a test the next day as well just to check and was definitely clear. It really was just like a very mild cold for me. Steven has taken it worse than me, it is in his chest and he has been coughing quite a bit but thankfully he is now on the mend. Still positive but it is taking a while to show the line and it is faint so going in the right direction. We are still going away tomorrow as we will only be driving for around 5hours and then putting the tent up and we will be outside at the theme park all day on Tuesday and by that time he should be clear.

Shelley how are you enjoying being at the caravan? When do you head home?