Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
16-05-2022, 04:53 AM   #1

Monday Daily.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
Monday afternoon here and the sun has finally come out, but it's not very warm. Raining all last night and this morning and my front conservatory has been leaking again. Luckily I had the brolly sheet down on the floor all night and buckets to catch the drips.

I heard from Burwood hospital this morning re. my eye appointment on Wednesday. It's been cancelled due to a large outbreak of covid there, so I don't know how long it will be until the next one. I really wanted it done sooner rather than later, as I'm sick of not being able to drive and having to rely on buses all the time. If my eyes haven't got any worse since my last appointment, then I've decided to get another car. I've got Brenna's one sitting up the driveway, but it really is far too big and it has tinted windows ,which I don't like, although I have driven it many times before with no problems. Perhaps it will do in the mean time.

All cats are OK and loving the wee bit of sunshine. I got a free sample of some new cat food on the market and my extremely fussy cats literally went crazy over it. The other day ,I went to Animates and bought a bag of it and also a small bag of the treats and Dickens ripped open the bag of biscuits to get to the food. Not sure if you can get it but if you can, I thoroughly recommend it - Trilogy Kangaroo with dehydrated lamb pieces. Dick only gets a couple of the biscuits as a treat coz" he doesn't get too much dry food, but he loves it.

Soup and hot buns for tea tonight as it's the right kind of weather for soup. Then I'll have a "small" piece of warm chocolate brownie with hot custard.

My BIL, Peter, came home from hospital yesterday after his knee replacement operation . He's OK and managing the crutches well. The surgeon said the operation went well this time (he's already had it done before on the same knee but it wasn't a success).

Brenna already has a broken little finger on one hand(I think I told you about it). Well, to make matters worse, yesterday she was cleaning her toaster and managed to cut the tip of her little finger on the other hand badly - she ended up with stitches to reattach it and is now in a lot of pain. She's flying to Raratonga in the Pacific at the end of the week to do volunteer work for 10 days AND her laptop with all her patient files that was meant to have already arrived by plane in Raratonga, has gone missing in transit. Talk about poor Brenna being a walking disaster area. I'm not sure now whether she will be able to go, as her finger needs to be dressed every second day and conditions in Raratonga are rather primitive.

PAMELA, my finger that Dickens bit into has a big tooth mark in it, but fortunately it has not got infected It's sore when I type though. My family seems to be having problems with their fingers at the moment. I'm sorry you've been so busy at work lately. You'll really be looking forward to getting away.How is your dad doing ? By now ,I hope he has had his CT scan and everything is good and he is able to be safely discharged today. He will be looking forward to heading off to Bulgaria tomorrow. Hopefully ,he will still be able to go, and will have a great time. Did you get the tent put up on Saturday OK ? When is the next wedding and christening events ? You'll be looking forward to those too. Oh yes, I hope Barney's sore ears are now a lot better.

SHELLEY,I'm glad you had fun at the doll fair on Saturday and sold lots as well as getting some lovely clothes for your own dolls. What a pity that your back has flared up again. Something you did must have aggravated it. You'll have to just be extra careful and give it a chance to settle down again. AND poor Howard with his knee. I know just how painful arthritis in the knees can be. I'm glad he's got exercises to do. They do help, but you must keep doing them regularly, and try to keep moving. "Motion is Lotion". Does he have a resistance band for some of his exercises ? I find out of all the physio exercises I was given, those with the resistance band are most effective. I hope you have a wonderful weekend away with your friends and raise lots for Save the Children. What a good cause.

Well ladies, have a fantastic Monday, and hope the sun shines for you today.